Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To start off, the stock GTV has a restrictor(thats what the muffler guy called it) and two mufflers. Talk about no flow!

I went to a local Muffler shop and had my Restrictor cut out. It now has a little tune and it improved performance a notch. I feel a little more lower end torque and I can really feel the exhaust letting out freely! Now in higher revs my gauge falls like a missle which creates smooth shifting for me. Not like before where it lagged to drop.

I should've had the 2nd muffler cut out aswell, its already hollow so my car sounds like a tinn can!!!:D :D :D It was still worth paying 40 bucks. I dont have 500 to buy a full on exhaust system, so this is a temp mod.

By the way.
Which Ansa Muffler goes on a 73 GTV? Is it the same one as for the Milano? The dual tip one?

Oh and whats a good exhaust size 2 1/2 inch pipe? or bigger?

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you have a 73 under Alfa and don't have money for a performance exhaust, I totally recommend paying 40 bucks at a Muffler shop to get the restrictor replaced with a straight pipe.

I took my GTV out on a canyon ride and oohhhh weeee! My car was pumpin so much harder then before. I can just imagine what some webers, headers and a straight pipe can do!!!

Its a good bang for 40 bucks!

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Having the resinator cut out.

Helps the motor breath a little better. You'll notice it. You'll be fine with torque.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.