Alfa Romeo Forums banner
261 - 278 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Anybody have a 24mm Milano front sway bar or 2?
27mm is okay also.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Afettas kick ***! They're great cars and I'm also glad that there are people restoring them. I wish we still kept ours. We had a 1975 and a 1977. I liked both, though the 1975 had a nicer interior in my opinion. I was always amazed at the dedion rear end with inboard disc brakes. So cool and extremely fun to drive!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm about to ship my Alfetta Sedan off to the panel shop to get the rust patches fixed, just trying to locate new door seals and a few other bits and pieces!! Does anyone know if the carpets from a 75 will fit? I'd like to change up the interior colour! and have found a couple of 75's with black seats and carpets, i know the seats will work, just not sure on the carpets!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
A while back I ordered some new key blanks for completing repair work on GTV6 door handles. I finally got around to that project and discovered most of the blanks I had waiting were too short for GTV6s, altho the overall style of key was the same otherwise. By inquiring which ALFA model these might be for I heard they should be for 1981-'85 Giulietta sedans.

The length of the metal blades (minus the length of the rubber grip) is approx 35mm. Since I can't use these, I'd be fine with taking a loss from what I had paid for them. If you need these for your sedan, hit me with an e-mail. I'm attaching pix below, with dimensions, to ensure you don't make the same blunder I did.

Cheers,
Peter
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts
Great thread..
Glad to see Alfettas getting some attention. My first Alfa and first manual car was a '76 2.0L 5spd Spica Alfetta Berlina. Nice burgundy color w tan interior. That was 1987-ish. So long ago the details are getting fuzzy. It had some competent Continentals on steel rims. Never gave me any trouble, but rusted at the windshield edge and leaked too much. Drove like stink though, not difficult to out-corner the yuppies in their 318 Bimmers.
Cheers,
- Art

·
Registered
298 Posts
@slowcreek - I see you are adding front sway bar? It's more difficult to change but a stiffer rear sway bar will make a much bigger difference in eliminating the understeer and body roll. I've modified a 79 coupe and a 78 sedan. The 79 sedan is all original and I went round and round considering what to modify without loosing the original characteristics of the car. I added a Shankle sport rear sway bar, (not sure of the diameter) that I had laying around and what a difference. The rest of the suspension is stock so it is still a rather soft ride but the body roll and understeer is significantly reduced. JMTCW.

Jim

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
@slowcreek - I see you are adding front sway bar? It's more difficult to change but a stiffer rear sway bar will make a much bigger difference in eliminating the understeer and body roll. I've modified a 79 coupe and a 78 sedan. The 79 sedan is all original and I went round and round considering what to modify without loosing the original characteristics of the car. I added a Shankle sport rear sway bar, (not sure of the diameter) that I had laying around and what a difference. The rest of the suspension is stock so it is still a rather soft ride but the body roll and understeer is significantly reduced. JMTCW.

Jim
Good to know. My front bar should be here any day.

I'll report my findings.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I wonder if the Milano rear bar will work.......

The Milano Verdes that alfa Parts Exchange just got last week had the 27mm fronts. Perhaps they had the upgraded rears also?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
While waiting on front swaybars, Jeff and I added relays to our headlights.

So far, he has stock bulbs. I went up to 90/100s since I live in a rural area with deer.

I'm messing with mirrors. I added a Wink wide angle 5 pane mirror I had laying around. Quite an improvement. I happen to have a "baby" Tornado mirror on the driver side and a full size Tornado on the right side. Vitalonis both of them. I don't like the tint and the driver side is all scratched.

·
Registered
647 Posts
While waiting on front swaybars, Jeff and I added relays to our headlights.

So far, he has stock bulbs. I went up to 90/100s since I live in a rural area with deer.

I'm messing with mirrors. I added a Wink wide angle 5 pane mirror I had laying around. Quite an improvement. I happen to have a "baby" Tornado mirror on the driver side and a full size Tornado on the right side. Vitalonis both of them. I don't like the tint and the driver side is all scratched.
Man, wish I was near you guys -- would be great to wrench together. How much of an improvement were the relays?

The tornados are the stock mirrors, right? I have Vitaloni Baby Bravos on mine and they are one of the favorite bits of the car. Super cool, sporty feel/view out the window when you are driving aggressively. Love them.

Are you doing rear bars? That's a trans drop situation, right? Would love to do front and back on mine as I feel it needs more rear bar. Could be my bushings though. :)

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
The headlight relays are a big improvement. I adjusted the lights when I first got the car, and they need a little fine tuning now that they are much brighter.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Unceased the clutch

Sweeeet!!! I got the clutch released finally by jump starting it and turning the starter 'till it ran and drove it around the block misfiring, the number 3 & 4 plugs are black and wet, the carbs may be too rich and misfiring...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Man, wish I was near you guys -- would be great to wrench together. How much of an improvement were the relays?

The tornados are the stock mirrors, right? I have Vitaloni Baby Bravos on mine and they are one of the favorite bits of the car. Super cool, sporty feel/view out the window when you are driving aggressively. Love them.

Are you doing rear bars? That's a trans drop situation, right? Would love to do front and back on mine as I feel it needs more rear bar. Could be my bushings though. :)
I'm doing a 27mm front bar and Jeff is doing a 24mm front bar.

What have you done in the way of poly bushings so far?

and, lets see a pic of those mirrors.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I believe I have a few door key blanks that are for Alfetta sedan models. I ordered them by mistake thinking they were for GTV6s. They were the same general style, but when it came time to have them duped I realized they were too short for my purposes.

The length on the metal shaft is approx 35mm (if you don't include the rubber grip portion). Since I can't use these for my own project I'd let them go for less than what I paid. As I've had no experience with the sedan models, please let me know if these seem correct for 4 door Alfettas. Thanks.

Peter
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm doing a 27mm front bar and Jeff is doing a 24mm front bar.

What have you done in the way of poly bushings so far?

and, lets see a pic of those mirrors.
Haven't done any bushings yet -- don't have access to a garage or friends with one at the moment. Want to do mine? Thinking I'll do rubber when i get around to it. I like to keep things soft.

Here are the mirror photos as requested. Love the view from the driver's seat out at the two mirrors with the accordion folds. Didn't think i would like them but kept these on vs the originals. I have a spare that sags if you want it just for trial. The ones you added are cool too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
The poly are not bad at all.

Definitely do the caster bushings and center mounts for both swaybars.

261 - 278 of 278 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.