Alfa Romeo Forums banner
241 - 260 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread for so long...I have been (slowly) working on my '79 Sport Sedan for a few years now. She runs quite well. I have loads of spare parts to install, but life keeps getting in the way. Just got a CA Cat from CariD. I am ashamed to post pictures at this time, lets keep this thread rolling...
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
That will certainly keep you busy! Wish the new Gladiator was as good looking as those previous trucks - or even the original. Had a J4000 back in the 80s. Tough bugger.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Slowcreek, yours is gorgeous, and your garage is so squared away it makes me a bit ill. My sedan is hideous and my workspace is a Charlie Foxtrot.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
79 Sedan

Needs carburetor work to run.....Flushed the tank, radiator, changed the oil & gas filter, new water pump, reattached the alternator, put new plugs, 123 electronic dizzy and blue bosch coil to get it sputtering yesterday. Now I think the clutch is frozen but glad we got it running. Compression is very good all @180. Also added 15" Ronals and new tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks like there are some intros going on with this thread. Here is my 78' Sedan I got out of Oregon last year. Spica changed to duel Webers. Bumpers changed to euro stainless. It was originally cream color, and the side markers were removed during that repaint.
-Andy
78' Alfetta
74' GTV
80' Fiat Spider

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,773 Posts
AndyR,

You Alfetta looks really nice.

Someday, I'm going to find another '75 and restore it Olandese Blue with the Tan interior; dual Webers of course!

Ray

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Looks like there are some intros going on with this thread. Here is my 78' Sedan I got out of Oregon last year. Spica changed to duel Webers. Bumpers changed to euro stainless. It was originally cream color, and the side markers were removed during that repaint.
-Andy
78' Alfetta
74' GTV
80' Fiat Spider
I'm loving the intros and the photos!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
That will certainly keep you busy! Wish the new Gladiator was as good looking as those previous trucks - or even the original. Had a J4000 back in the 80s. Tough bugger.
I was Service Manager and Shop Foreman at a Jeep dealer from 1980 til 1992.

I had 13 Comanches as demos and even an 85 J10 pickup. Neat trucks.

Jeeps and Alfas. Best of both worlds. I went on my first date at 16 in the car below. That's our Dad checking it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I absolutely love my Sport Sedan. I've had quite a few unique cars that I've modified over the years and this car is a kick.

I'm excited to see the resurgence in this thread.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I have a spare Euro headlight, it’s not here so I don’t know which side it is for, just wanted to throw it out there, someone is sure to want to try the retrofit.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Glad this thread got revived! Here’s a picture of my recent acquisition, a 1977, along side my trusty 1978 Sport Sedan. The later needs some serious mechanical restoration while the 77 needs a lot of body work.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Coupé
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Classic car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,538 Posts
That brown 78 is an absolute dead ringer for our last Alfetta sedan, complete with the gold pinstripe. It now lives a very nice life south of Boston. My wife always wished that the V6 engine of the Milano was in that body, not particularly liking the Milano body as much. I was not going to try the engine change.

Reactions: sptsdn

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I made (another) run to Prescott in my '78. First stop for a new set of keys. Second stop alignment shop. Then to Slowcreek's shop for a brake adjustment and some quality Alfa time with him and Jack Straw. My car is ugly as a tray of worms, but it has pretty good mechanicals

Attachments

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Jeff, share your alignment specs and your assessment of the alignment.

So y'all know, the route from my house to Jeff's is a spirited driver's dream run.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
-.8 camber
0 toe
+4.0 caster
Seems to turn in way better, though I did have traffic going up and down the mountain. Dead straight, no tramlining. It was way out of spec before, but the tech commented on all the new stuff underneath...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
-.8 camber
0 toe
+4.0 caster
Seems to turn in way better, though I did have traffic going up and down the mountain. Dead straight, no tramlining. It was way out of spec before, but the tech commented on all the new stuff underneath...
I've got about 4.5* positive caster, 0 toe, and .25 negative camber per side.

I'm going for 1* neg camber per side and a 24mm Milano front sway bar.

241 - 260 of 278 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.