Alfa Romeo Forums banner
221 - 240 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Need Sport Sedan rear trunk panel 11657 54013

BJ White:
I'm Looking for a non rusty rear panel to which the tail lights and license plate would be affixed. My car was damaged in a radio theft whilst returning from this year's Alfa Convention in Lexington, KY. If you have had no takers for the whole car, mine needs this part to effect a repair.
Some Photos: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/picture-room/23087-pictures-alfettas-47.html#post906525
& http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/aro...-wheres-benjamin-post1037917.html#post1037917

Thanks, Bernie Bennett
Brenham TX

Anyone want a free late 79 sunroof sedan? No engine, no core support--been outside a long time but the body looks decent and restorable. interior is absolutely weathered a ratty.....

Everything was removed for paint and the car was painted back in original silver--but it wasn't finished.

Car is outside of Seattle--It rolls on steel wheels. If you have a rusty-*** sedan and you want to move everything over to this one, it might be nice. Have no title----if you want it, you can have it for free.

Let me know..

·
Registered
983 Posts
You guys.. all of you.. your Alfetta's look really wonderful.. my highest compliments!

Wow.. what restorals...

Rob

·
Registered
271 Posts
Alfetta

Volletto,

i love your Alfetta. It looks identical to the 79 I once owned, one of the nicest driving, best balanced cars I ever owned. It is even the same color, in and out. The US version was pretty sluggish with the smog gear, but converted to Euro spec, it went like stink. A great car, yet prone to rust with that Eastern-block steel. How is your rust problem?

Barry

·
Registered
238 Posts
hello

I bought this car 3 years ago. Since then I drove in it 12500kms without any problem
So far I just change the oil filter sparks air filter. It runs like a watch
So far so good without any problem. And I dont want to speak about that big problem in
alfas called rust. Until now OK. Once a year I give it a good wax inside doors sills and so on. At the moment I am finishing a 1300 Ti. Plus I have the blue sprint gt and a spider 2000. And I have a 2600 berlina to finish as well. Should sell the alfetta but I like it so much.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alfetta sedan colors

Hi folks,

I am in the process of restoring a big body Alfetta sedan (1982, euro) and am now facing the dilemma of choosing the body color. Of course many think/say that an Alfa can be of any color with the only condition that it is red, but perhaps there are more things to think about.

The original color was "metallic light grey" - AR727, some panels i had to take from a parts car which is "luci del bosco" - AR524. I am wondering if someone here has a list of colors that were offered for Alfetta sedans and may be a set of fotographs with cars in defferent colors and corresponding paint codes?

Also i am trying to paint the Alfetta late body in different colors using Photoshop, but what i can get from there is RGB or CMYK codes and how these are related to the original Alfa colorcodes or codes of any of car finish manufacturers is a question i'd like to ask here.

I'll be gratefull if anyone here could come up with any advise. I am pretty sure that i'm not the first to face the issue...

Thanks, S

·
Registered
983 Posts
Got my 76 Alfetta Sedan back...

Hi All - I will post pics tomorrow, but I got it back.. and man, it is a blast to drive. All the work is done, except the paint... where the engine compartment fire happened.... I have to repaint at least the front end.

The new rack, front end rbuild, flexdisks, half shafts with fresh boots, just makes it a blast to drive.. I love it... drove it 100 miles this weekend, and didn't want to get out of it.

Rob

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nice vehicles, at the moment I am in the process of getting parts together so I can take my 1982 Alfetta Sortiva 2 off the road and start giving her some tender loving care. For the last ten years she has been my everyday driver even though all up she has only got 125000km on the clock. Will be nice to get the colour on her back up and shining as well. Have been very lucky since she only has a little bit of surface rust in her.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Man, this thread needs to be revived!!!
I stumbled upon it in an attempt to find out which Milano front swaybars would be a good fit.

Here's my 78.

Attachments

Reactions: Sketchl

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,556 Posts
Nice, but it appears that the front end needs to be lowered to the proper design height.

I do know of a quite cherry 78 sedan potentially for sale, our old one, now south of Boston, chocolate brown with gold pinstripe, w/maybe Milano seats. Well taken care of, as far as I know. Trying to convince a certain person here to buy it and bring it back to it's home City, where it was sold new from Alfa of Tacoma.

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Nice, but it appears that the front end needs to be lowered to the proper design height.

I do know of a quite cherry 78 sedan potentially for sale, our old one, now south of Boston, chocolate brown with gold pinstripe, w/maybe Milano seats. Well taken care of, as far as I know. Trying to convince a certain person here to buy it and bring it back to it's home City, where it was sold new from Alfa of Tacoma.
The front is fine. I'm thinking I should raise the rear a bit but have been unable to find the factory spring spacers.

I'm gonna make some out of wood. Still codgitating on which wood would be the best for the long haul, and of course the proper thickness I should use.

I can't use the same stuff I used to whittle out my side molding ends.

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,556 Posts
If the rear is stock height, it is ok. If not, sure, bring it back to stock. The front was raised for the US market to satisfy some arcane headlight requirement. Most of us with these cars lowered the front back down to the European design height. Much better. Made the car look proper. No problem with anything for the 180k miles we put on ours.

Also, some of the later ones seem to come with far too much caster, which made the steering too heavy, my wife saying it was really hard to park. I reduced the caster a little, and it made it much better, and once again, no problems in the 180k miles.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
So, I have stock sway bars, poly bushings in most places, lowered to euro height, Koni Yellows all around set soft. I like the way the car handles, but a bigger front sway bar has my interest. Street and mountain roads only. No track days.

·
Registered
647 Posts
@slowcreek how are the urethane bushings riding? Which ones did you so? Mine could really use new bushes buy am afraid to go non rubber - wish we were closer! I'd also like to go to a larger front bar but don't want the car to understeer any more than it does now.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
@slowcreek how are the urethane bushings riding? Which ones did you so? Mine could really use new bushes buy am afraid to go non rubber - wish we were closer! I'd also like to go to a larger front bar but don't want the car to understeer any more than it does now.
They're finer than frog fur. Got em from Andy at Performatek.
I replaced caster rod, front and rear sway bar bushings at the body and rear sway bar links so far.

I too, am curious about the front bar. I just got back from a very spirited drive through the mountains. I wish the front end had more "bite" initially.

Gonna review my present alignment specs. .25 negative camber per side, 0 toe-in, 4.5 or so positive caster.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread for so long...I have been (slowly) working on my '79 Sport Sedan for a few years now. She runs quite well. I have loads of spare parts to install, but life keeps getting in the way. Just got a CA Cat from CariD. I am ashamed to post pictures at this time, lets keep this thread rolling...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread for so long...I have been (slowly) working on my '79 Sport Sedan for a few years now. She runs quite well. I have loads of spare parts to install, but life keeps getting in the way. Just got a CA Cat from CariD. I am ashamed to post pictures at this time, lets keep this thread rolling...
Welcome to the updated insanity thread with new characters.....

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Dig the Jeep pickup as well. That combination (Alfetta and Jeep) would keep me satisfied for a while. :)

221 - 240 of 278 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.