Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
reassembly tips.

Congrats on a great project. One bit of advice on the rear end. I see you left the DeDion tube in place. Are you planning on removing it? I replaced the trans on my GTV-6 and the easiest method is to remove the DeDion tube and assemble the whole transaxle and install as one piece. It's a lot easier to install front trans mounts, rotors calipers, hardlines and half shafts with the unit sitting on the floor. Then lift the whole thing and install the rear transmission mount. Also remove the front DeDion cross member mount and attach to the assembled unit.
Hope this helps.
Jim

·
Registered
298 Posts
@slowcreek - I see you are adding front sway bar? It's more difficult to change but a stiffer rear sway bar will make a much bigger difference in eliminating the understeer and body roll. I've modified a 79 coupe and a 78 sedan. The 79 sedan is all original and I went round and round considering what to modify without loosing the original characteristics of the car. I added a Shankle sport rear sway bar, (not sure of the diameter) that I had laying around and what a difference. The rest of the suspension is stock so it is still a rather soft ride but the body roll and understeer is significantly reduced. JMTCW.

Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.