Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am requesting the proper paint type and code for the silver originally found on the 1967 era Duetto / GT vehicles. Also, I have two extra straight 15" x 4.5" steel wheels for sale.

Located n zip code 10510, each wheel weights about 17 pounds each in excellent, straight driver appearance and condition. A reasonable offer will take both. Thank you.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,052 Posts
Bob, are the wheels lug or clip hubcap attachments. Being 67, I assume lug. Inquiring minds may want to know.

I bought about 8 wheel paints recently and did a side-by-side comparison on gray primer on metal. Most are way too metallic flake but a CNC group of Alfisti agreed one was most proper.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Painting 15" steel wheels authentically in period silver

My two wheels are the lug variety, one is in primer and one is painted silver with some pitting in the surface..I suggest perfect to restore or use as a spare.

I read the various postings that suggested that BMW code 60 Polaris Silver Poly single stage used from 1965-1974, the PPG number for this color 32589, might be the consensus but the thread died out before reaching a further conclusion.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,052 Posts
Bob, yea that thread was inconclusive. I may go back there and add a post. I tried some darker colors in addition to silvers as well. I coild not find Polaris Silver. But in that thread I recall a color Argent Silver was mentioned, or perhaps somewhere else. That was the best. A flat-satin that is silver with no metallic flakes. The paint name is OER HP Wheel Argent Silver. I got it at Summit Racing I recall.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts