Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on restoring the seats in my 1973 Euro Spider 1300 Junior. Unfortunately, the seat frames, especially the seat back frames were poorly repaired in the past and the frame is not properly aligned (i.e. bolts welded crooked, etc). I have taken them apart in the past and found that the brackets do not align properly. So before I spend the money to reupholster the seats, I would like to find another good, straight set of seat frames (bucket and back). There are several pictures of the seats as a reference.

Also, if there is a set of period equivalent seats already reupholstered available for sale, I will consider them as well.

Note: My seats have headrests.

Thanks,

Bruno

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found Seat Backs - next steps

OK, I was able to source the seat back frames locally, so now I am ready to have the frames sandblasted and painted.

Next step, is it better to order the seat and back foam from Vick's Autosport (as I can't seem to find any other supplier that carry both the seat and the back foam), or have the upholsterer shape the foam themselves?

What has been your experience. Big investment so I'm looking to have this done only once.

Thanks.

Bruno

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
My seats are a little different to yours, being S4, but when I had them re-done the upholsterer cut the foam himself and did an excellent job.
I guess it would give you the chance to tailor the seats a bit more to your style if you go the same route - softer or firmer foam than stock, for example.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts