Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
FWIW... Many Nuova owners "backdate" their grilles to earlier Super grilles (not to mention hoods and trunks too).

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
True that. I have two of them.

And they backdate interiors too!! The Nuovo interior is fine. The seat sits a bit higher, the headrest is useless unless you are under 5'6", and the small vent in the new console is a small but nice addition.They say the heater unit is more robust, it looks and works like one from a Berlina. Same otherwise.

On many Euro sale sites, Nuovos go for a heavy discount compared to earlier models. Same car underneath the skin. Reportedly different steel. Interesting.

What does this have to do with center hearts? Nothing. But there are probably very few true Nuovos in the US. Very rare Dean! so not a big market for Nuovo center heart here.

Now Franjho, if you had some nice restored S1-S3 hearts (especially the split S1's), THAT would be interesting. Do you run an exchange and resto program? B

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need good quality photos of s1-s3 centre hearts.The cost to stripp old chrome and new plating is around 55euro.I send polished potmetal parts via fast mail becouse they need to be chrome plated as quick as possible.The oxidation of polished pot metal is fast and it prevents good grip for new coat(peeling).
This grille i have restored is just the test.A lot of hand work,you can not reach the round corners with machine.Considering the time and my destroyed fingers(last photo)- my work start price is 100euro and more.
I have restored a lot of early giulia ti-super grilles,enjoy the photos.I have a lot of these front grilles 1300-1600,also later versions+centre hearts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After chrome stripping you can see there was a lot of small holes,you need steel nerves to make it perfect.........

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
Bravo Franjo! Beautiful, "old world" craftsman handwork!! Very, very nice! How is postage to Slovenia to US for something so large and bulky? Funny,I am currently in Venice, only a few hundred miles away!!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grazie........shipping cost from Slovenia to USA is around 55euro and it is safe.I have these parts on the photo ready to restore but there is no time.This is hobby for me but it is gong worldwide so next year i will quit my job and create small company.
I will also create my own website.

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
The Series 1 Super grill )65-67) has the split heart. They are pot metal chromed. Then upper piece is fragile and can have splits in the metal at the attachments. I assume after stripping, you braze the base metal cracks and deep rust pocks?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are these pot metal parts peaces of 1.serie centre heart?Alfanut,enjoy your trip in Venice.I was there one year ago hoping to see old alfas but there is not enough place for cars(laugh).I hate the prices there-one small coffe was 5euro.

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,048 Posts
Yes, there are no cars here at all in Venice, and no scooters or even bicycles. And I do not see many old-timers in Italy at all. Venice is the most superlative place I have ever been to. So many fine sights, so many people and crowded in such a small concentrated place, so many small streets, so many tourists, and SO Expensive. A 0.4L beer was Euro 5.50 ($8). My son visited Croatia a couple of years ago (& Slovenia) and said it was a very nice relief. Perhaps for our next trip if we have any money left!! We visited the CR last year and it was nice. Time to really discover eastern Europe. The Women & Alfas thread shows you have lots of nice . . . . Alfas . . . . . . ;)

They look like the middle side pieces of an S1 heart but without the lower small part or upper piece or cross-bars. I have never taken one apart yet so I am not sure. GiuliaBianca could confirm for sure.

Your work is amazingly nice. Keep it up. If you have any business and references, keep a list so you can show that this is a good alternative for restoring brightwork. Here are some close up shots of a Series 1 Super front, note that the heart is split at the top and the top part is actually mounted to the hood. Cheers, B

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts