Alfa Romeo Forums banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
This is not the place to ask ………. please delete it from here and put it in the classified section of the bulletin board.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Haven't posted anything in long time, so here is something...….
After obtaining samples of a couple different "tooth washers" from grommets and DOT snaps, I found all had teeth that were to short to install just like the original. Also they are either thinner rings or fatter rings.

I ended up using the tooth washer half of a DOT snap. The teeth were not long enough to use them as Alfa did, with a square piece of vinyl providing the place to bend over the teeth. But fortunately 22x28 aluminum sealing rings I had (gearbox?) fit perfectly around the teeth …...the teeth were just long enough that I could bend over the teeth. Attached are photos of the results.

For those with no mat to make a pattern from, I included the one I made for locating the retainers. It was created by measuring as best I could a mat that was installed in a 101 Sprint I had access to.
101 Sprint firewall mat annotated for bb.jpg
Sprint firewall mat for bb.jpg
Sprint firewall mat back for bb.jpg
Sprint firewall mat retainer front for bb.jpg
Sprint firewall mat retainer back for bb.jpg
Sprint firewall mat retainer back for bb.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Nice work, Carl. I was lucky to have saved my original toothed ring clips. I too found trying to source new ones with long enough teeth proved to be many wasted hours. That mat looks great, vinyl grain looks stock, and the insulation looks like my original color-wise. As usual, your attention to detail and sharing it here is second to none. Kudos.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
One more little thing done ……….. should have figured out how to do this with heater out of the car, hard to stand on your head and do this bending the way IPRA did it.
Heater fresh air wire.JPG
Sprint heater air control for bb.jpg

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
I discovered one of those amazingly helpful diagrams in a Giulietta owner’s manual, which provided the non-obvious correct routing of heater hoses. I know it is premature to do this, but I also know it will be hard to access at some point.
101 Sprint Heater Vavle route for bb.jpg
Sprint heater valve for bb.jpg

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Where did you find the correct heater valve? I bought one from classic Alfa that appears to be for a GTV, not a Sprint. I haven't been able to find a correct one for a Sprint. My original is badly corroded and will likely leak (or the inlet on the engine facing side will break off.)

Will

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Installed the hood (bonnet) release.
I had sent two off to the CAD plater and by the time I got them back I had forgotten which belonged to 06920. I quickly discovered it was the one the Bertone technician "hammer adjusted" after a less skilled technician had cut the access hole. See photo.
P5184773 bb.jpg
Sprint Bonnet Release problem bb.jpg
Sprint Bonnet Release problem bb.jpg

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Also working on front suspension. I had a machinist turn down and then sleeve the A-arm pivots in stainless-steel. Now using sandpaper on a flat surface to clean up the surfaces.
750 A-arm Pivots Inner Face Before After bb.jpg
750 A-arm Pivots Pin Before After bb.jpg

181 - 193 of 193 Posts