Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Restoration of AR 866776 ('68 Giulia Super)

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gasolina 
#1 ·
Hi all,

The restoration of my MY 68 Giulia Super has begun...

I built and (will) try to keep the following blog regarding different aspects of the restoration itself up to date :
The Adventures of Giulia....

The car is in a "fair" state (body: 5/10 and mechanics: 6/10), but many working hours are in front of us.

I could have used the car in its state when I bought it, but I finally decide to build a "nice" Giulia Super to have some quiet joyriding and to participate to oldtimer rallies with my daughter, once fully restored. Even if it will cost time and money.

Next to the blog, I'll probably share some topics with you in this thread as well.

Feel free to comment.
Cheers,
Ben

#6 ·
Nice to see what you're up to with your Giulia. I also have a MY68 Super, built 27 October 1967, just 2 weeks after yours. However mine is RHD (105.28) so has quite a different chassis number (AR722731). My Giulia is in fantastic working condition but sooner or later will need some body work - the only trouble is that I don't want her out of action for anything more than 1 week at a time! It's just too much fun driving her on New Zealand's fantastic roads! Keep up the good work!

#7 ·
Things are moving forward...

Inners sills were not found in time : two specific strong plates have then been made...

FYI : the garage Espace Century, from Chilly-Mazarin, South of Paris, France, proposed them - too late - at 198,00 EUR / piece, VAT incl. Not cheap, but they can deliver them.

Restoration of Giulia continues... : The Adventures of Giulia...

Cheers,
Ben

#9 ·
It is a great write-up. Nice work!

#10 · (Edited)
AR 866776 was bought in 2012 and was a kind of hybrid car (see on the blog in the "The Project" category - The same blog will be updated soon with the last facts).

The car is 99% restored... Brought back to its 1968 look!

Cheers,
Ben

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.