Alfa Romeo Forums banner

161 - 172 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Mbaum: all good - easiest way to remember concave versus convex is that concave resembles a cave - eg inwards.

·
Premium Member
21,155 Posts
May be sacrilege, but I led the Berlina Register tour yesterday with the Junior Z. I don't currently own a Berlina but, you know, that can happen to anyone. Had 20ish cars, one Berlina, two Giulia sedans, a couple GTVs, a Giulietta, Alfetta GT, various lesser cars including a tiny Toyota coupe from the 60s, Citroen GS, Saab Sonnet, one-owner MGA (the Arcane guys). Super-great drive from Petaluma to Sonoma Valley to Napa Valley to Pope Valley, back to Napa and up to Healdsburg at the foot of the Alexander Valley. Beautiful day out, the Junior Z is just a little slot car on roads of this kind. No issues, though I still need to dial in the idle circuits. But once moving it runs great. I got idle jets and will attempt to make it worse shortly.

Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,155 Posts
Nice scenic pics of the cars roaring by on a drive are tough unless you set up for it, which I never seem to do. Here are the cars at lunch at the friend's house in Healdsburg. I have a pretty good driveway myself, but this one takes the cake. Note the red 1300 Junior Z halfway back there.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
It was a beautiful ride with a great group of cars and people.
To give you an idea of how good the cars are, there was not a drop of oil in the driveway after everyone drove away!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Hi Jim,

Growing up in Southern California and having Alfas since 1976 I frequently visited John Shankle and AlfaRicambi, (Brad Bunch and Guliano Cressentini before him). I don't remember seeing these wheels for sale at either place. Not saying they didn't sell them, just that I didn't see them. Maybe someone else had them? The Borrani stamp is from 1969, not sure if that would mean these were made too early for our suppliers to sell them?
I'm late to this thread but I have the same wheels on my '73 GTV. They are indeed Borrani's, 2 piece made in either 14x5.5 or 14x6 and light. Mine were dealer fitted when the car was new, the spare is original with the Borrani sticker and center cap, I've got a photo of that somewhere. In the meantime here is a photo of the car in the 80's with the wheels fitted.

This is the first time I've seen a set in the US. I've seen them on a couple of other cars in Australia and NZ, and there was / is a set for sale in Portugal as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,155 Posts
The wheels are on Dan's silver car. I imagine his car came from Italy but not sure. No Junior Zs were sold in the US new. I'll point him back to this.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
21,155 Posts
Small update. The Bosch starter in the car (9-tooth, 2000) had one of the magnet screws come out, literally fall on the ground a few months ago. I reinstalled, that sure picked up the pace of the starter's spinning. But the solenoid decided at that point it liked to go click-click-click-engage. Three false starts, one engagement every time. Ugh. The car came with a Paris Rhone starter, which I installed yesterday. Works first time, has an entirely different mechanical sound, so French.

Took out the 55F8 idle jets and installed 50F9, adjusted, much better. Idles, takes off without stumbling. So happy. I had tried 50F8 previously but they must have been too lean.

The house we had our picnic at on the Berlina drive last weekend is in the fire zone near Healdsburg/Geyserville and they had to evacuate yesterday. Let's hope all's OK there. Lots of fires here.

Andrew

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm late to this thread but I have the same wheels on my '73 GTV. They are indeed Borrani's, 2 piece made in either 14x5.5 or 14x6 and light. Mine were dealer fitted when the car was new, the spare is original with the Borrani sticker and center cap, I've got a photo of that somewhere. In the meantime here is a photo of the car in the 80's with the wheels fitted.

This is the first time I've seen a set in the US. I've seen them on a couple of other cars in Australia and NZ, and there was / is a set for sale in Portugal as well.
Good photo Al.... drifting it (was allowed back in those days) through the corner and waving to the crowd at the same time!! Well done!!
PS: That doesn't look anything like Le mans Blue!!

161 - 172 of 172 Posts