Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I hope someone can provide the info I need or at least point me in the right direction.

I just purchased a mostly original, sweet running '74 GTV. Unfortunately the PO had a $7,000 repaint and the paint is crap. So it's an engine, glass and interior out repaint this winter.

As long as I'm going this far I thought I'd detail the undercarriage as well, but can't find any reference as to what's correct.

Was the underside body colored or black

Same question for the wheel wells and the bottom of the gas tank.

This is a US California model. In the trunk I have a flat grey carpet and grey rubber cover for the valance panel. The rest is body color. Is this correct or was there grey rubber on the inner fenders.

Finally my car is missing the ears to mount the washer bag outside the battery. Were these metal or a plastic mount.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Lets see,

The underside and wheel wells were painted the body color.

The gas tank was a silver/grey color.

The underside also had a brownish undercoating sprayed over everything, including transmission, drive shaft and suspension components... very messy.

My 74 only had the grey carpet in the trunk and grey rubber for the valance. I added the other rubber bits later.

I purchased my GTV new in California... hope this helps some.

-Doug

·
Registered
366 Posts
Small metal clips were used to mount windshield bag and it hung from those clips using the metal grommets on the bag.

-Doug

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doug,
Thanks so much. The clips for the washer bag, I assume they're permanently attached and NA,

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,540 Posts
Great time to do a new headliner with the glass out if it needs it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts