Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're just about to tear into the resto full hog on the old 1750 Spider (the '69 often called a Duetto).

We've been looking for a few bits to no avail and would love if someone would point us in the right direction.

1. Rubber Floor Mats - Center Line Alfa used to be able to get these but say they can't anymore. Anyone know of a good supplier?

2. Front Turn Signal Lenses - Can't find a replacement LH lens anywhere.

3. Proper paint code for the cream color used in '69.

4. Metal dash facing (some bone head botched it badly when installing a CD player... idiots....

5. Proper wipers - not the blades, that's easy, we need the lower metal section. The ones we have are not original.

6. Advice on stripping down and repainting as we have some underbody / pan work to do while we're at it.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

jf

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
69 1750 Spider said:

We've been looking for a few bits to no avail and would love if someone would point us in the right direction.

3. Proper paint code for the cream color used in '69.

That would be 'Avorio Pininfarina' (Pininfarina Ivory). The paint code for '69 is AR103. In 1980, code 103 was called 'Avorio/GN' (Ivory something - don't know what the GN stands for yet) and appears to be ever so slightly lighter.

BTW, I've borrowed the Alfa paint chip chart from the bodyshop until Sat. 02 Aug. If anyone has a paint code question, nows the time. It chart covers '65 thru '92.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Another 69 Spider Veloce restorer !

Incredible... "69 1750 Spider", I have started my own full restoration of a 1969 1750 Spider Veloce.
I am very glad you are going through the same process. I will look forward to following your progress and exchanging information.
You can check out my progress on http://www.pbase.com/alfaspider69

Any place I can follow your progress ?
This restoration is a first experience for me but if I can be of help, please don't hesitate.

Roland
Paris France

(gone for next 4 weeks - French holiday obliges !!!)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roland,

Good luck! Actually it's funny... I used to live not far from you. In fact if my memory is accurate after 13 years I was about 10 blocks from where that picture was taken with the casr on the sidewalk.

Our 1750 is in better shape but the floors are a tad rusty.and we have one bit in the area around the rear vallance. A little work with a torcha dn hammer and it should be good to re-paint.

All I'm looking for now is a few remaining pieces like a new dash (munged by some idiot with a hack saw putting in a radio) and I finally got floor mats today along with carpet for the trans. tunnel.

It's looking good. I'll keep you posted. Is the madnes over with Le Tour?

jf

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Jim offered to check a paint code. I have a "68 Duetto. what paint code was used for red??
peter

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Hi Peter,
Of the 23 different reds that are on this particular chip chart, it appears that only two were available in '68; Alfa Red (code 501) and Rosso Amaranto (code 509). But it seems that there should be more. Attached is the list of reds on this chip chart. It's pasted from a Lotus spreadsheet so it may look a little funky.

538 + 80 Rosso Red
555 + 85 Rosso Alfa Alfa Red
557 88 Rosso Alfa/BL Alfa Red
130 + 90 Rosso Alfa/BR Alfa Red
501 65 Rosso Alfa/D Alfa Red
130 + 90 Rosso Alfa/D Alfa Red
130 88 Rosso Alfa/GE Alfa Red
501 75 Rosso Alfa/H Alfa Red
509 <70> Rosso Amaranto Amaranth
143/547 + 84 Rosso Amarylis Pininfarina
558 + 88 Rosso Bordeaux Bordeaux Red
146 + 90 Rosso Bordeaux Bordeaux Red
115 88 Rosso Bordeaux Bordeaux Red
521 74 Rosso Cina
514 69 Rosso Italia Farina Pininfarina Red
551 84 Rosso Navaho
552 + 85 Rosso Scuro
537 78 Rosso Veneziano
536 78 Rosso Veneziano
519 71 Rosso Zagato Zagato Red
530 85 Rosso/BR Red
530 73 Rosso/L Red

The 2 digit number just before the name of the color is the year that color was introduced.
The paint code list at www.veloce.nu may be of help as well. Willie R., who put that list together, and myself are going to exchange info with each other in order to make a more complete list.
Any suggestions on where to post it when it's finished?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
thanks Jim. This is very helpful. It would be nice if you and Willie can get to one comprehensive and consitent list. I think it should definitely be posted on the AlfaBB
Peter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts