Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Resoration FINALLY Complete

15K views 103 replies 35 participants last post by  FifthAgeofMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Restoration FINALLY Complete

After a 1 1/2 year wait the restoration is finally finished. I have spent quite a bit of money to bring it to the condition that lies before you now, but more importantly the NUMEROUS hours i have spent on the car to try to get every detail just right. Now that the Alfa is finished i plan on driving the heck out of it and just enjoying the satisfaction of driving a Alfa Romeo.

side view

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Hey John Paul:

Outstanding! You really have done an exceptional job. I bet you get compliments left and right. Excellent engine detail.

Best Regards,
John M

#15 · (Edited)
John M
Thanks alot for your nice comment. I have only been driving it for about 2 weeks now, and i have been getting more looks than compliments:rolleyes: but another fellow Alfisti always compliments me.

Mezzeta
I had the cam cover polished. The airbox and a few other items were chromed at the local chrome shop. I was told by the owner since the cam cover was aluminum it cannot be chromed just polished.

#20 ·
John Paul,

Fantastic job! I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of your "new" car!

As for chroming your cam cover, at a recent car show there was a GTV owner that did exactly that...had it done for about $100 and it looked great. I guess time will tell how it holds up but apparently it can be done....so whenever you get tired of polishing, it appers to be an option!

#22 ·
John Paul,

She looks beautiful! What an awesome restoration! Speaking of which, do you have any before photos? She looked great when I saw her in person at that Pasadena car show a few months ago (pictured).

Btw, does it say "NASCAR" on the windshield??

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
Thank You everybody for your nice comments.
Pete- no that is not the factory color, it was a factory BMW color and my bodyman blended it with another pearl. (the color on my car looks similar to the Alfa Romeo france blue. To answer your second question that would be a HELL YEAH!! i love taking this car to the canyons for a little run.
Paul- I am very happy with the outcome, there are still little details that need to be corrected like rechrome bumpers, get new chrome trim etc.. So my car is done but like any car lover there is always something you can do to it.
Kai- i have before pics that i will post when i have the chance, no the decal on the windshield doesen't say "Nascar" it says HASCAR, they did all the restoration work. www.hascar.net

BTW i just returned from the first annual Concours at Craig park and i recieved second place. I got first place of the GTV'S but the first place winner for my class was a Montreal. Overall i am happy with the rusult because before the French/Italian car show i should have more additions.

#24 ·
OK boys, time for the general to chime in.
Beautiful Azzurri. For a while there, I was wondering if you even owned an Alfa!!! But obviously, you adore them like all of us. Many, many miles of happy motoring. She's a beauty!!!! By the way, that blue looks like the blue in the Greek flag!!

#25 ·
generaljimt said:
OK boys, time for the general to chime in.
Beautiful Azzurri. For a while there, I was wondering if you even owned an Alfa!!! But obviously, you adore them like all of us. Many, many miles of happy motoring. She's a beauty!!!! By the way, that blue looks like the blue in the Greek flag!!
Thanks for the comment! I'm surprised that you thought i had a alfa because for 1 year now my signature said "1974 Alfa Romeo GTV restoration project". About the color, that actually never came across my mind at all when i picked the color. I belive the color on Greece's flag is alot lighter.
Ciao

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.