Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Restoration FINALLY Complete

After a 1 1/2 year wait the restoration is finally finished. I have spent quite a bit of money to bring it to the condition that lies before you now, but more importantly the NUMEROUS hours i have spent on the car to try to get every detail just right. Now that the Alfa is finished i plan on driving the heck out of it and just enjoying the satisfaction of driving a Alfa Romeo.

side view

Attachments

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey John Paul:

Outstanding! You really have done an exceptional job. I bet you get compliments left and right. Excellent engine detail.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
John M
Thanks alot for your nice comment. I have only been driving it for about 2 weeks now, and i have been getting more looks than compliments:rolleyes: but another fellow Alfisti always compliments me.

Mezzeta
I had the cam cover polished. The airbox and a few other items were chromed at the local chrome shop. I was told by the owner since the cam cover was aluminum it cannot be chromed just polished.

·
Administrator
12,719 Posts
Heh you better change your signature to Restoration COMPLETED :D

Lucky bastard is all I can say ... wish mine was getting closer.

Anyway that is not what you want to hear!.

Your car looks great. Is that the original colour??
Is the driving experience all you hoped?

Enjoy.
Pete

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congratz

All i can say is wow, she look really good, excellent work there, are you happy with the outcome??...
I hope you have plenty of joyess <.sp> hours driving her!!

Ciao
Paul.

·
Registered
325 Posts
John Paul,

Fantastic job! I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of your "new" car!

As for chroming your cam cover, at a recent car show there was a GTV owner that did exactly that...had it done for about $100 and it looked great. I guess time will tell how it holds up but apparently it can be done....so whenever you get tired of polishing, it appers to be an option!

1 - 20 of 104 Posts