Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Yeah, it'll cost $2500 to put that engine back together. If you want the engine to run, it will take another $5000 on top of that.

The best way to restore this car would be to flush $20,000 down a toilet and then go buy one already done.

That said, it's probably well worth buying for the parts.

·
Premium Member
21,821 Posts
It appears to be a Veloce, and comes with hard to find Veloce parts. So it's likely someone will think it's worth it.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Is the auction even real? Sounds fishy to me.

·
Super Moderator
10,809 Posts
Can anyone make this a happy Alfa?
Sure - someone with very deep pockets can make this a happy Alfa. Are you asking theoretically, or are you considering "taking the plunge"?

AlfaVeloce's advice is good, though his estimate of $20K is probably light by a factor of at least two if you have much of the work done professionally.

But, as Andrew points out, it is a veloce!

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Andrew, you have it right, however the oil pan has been compromised where the oil o-ring seal sits at the pick-up so a piece that might be in the buyer's sights might not be anything but a bed pan. The condition on the car barks Florida all over it. These old cars get left out in a rain forest and literally disappear. Throw a tarp on them and that makes them go away faster. This one will no doubt bend in half when moved.

If local, I would buy it. PS... The motor isn't salvageable IMO.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Just a bit of compound and a loving polishing and she'll be god as new.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
If this number holds up it makes it a very early 1/59 Veloce. The engine block should fall in the range of 1315.320xx A lot of pictures were taken but the important ones were not. Lets hope the owner comes forth with the important ones. We need to see the F on the firewall. :)

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
If this number holds up it makes it a very early 1/59 Veloce. The engine block should fall in the range of 1315.320xx A lot of pictures were taken but the important ones were not. Lets hope the owner comes forth with the important ones. We need to see the F on the firewall. :)
It is a taco

·
Registered
223 Posts
In any case, I just spoke with the seller and he's sold it for $10K , auction cancelled. Too bad, I was costing a U-haul truck & car dolly, and fancying a leisurely amble back from sunny FLA...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts