Alfa Romeo Forums banner

61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
How funny- I just went back to look at my first post and realized it's been THREE years, not two! I posted a message just after Amelia Island in March 2009!!! Oh boy, time flies when... etc.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Donald,
That looks so sweet, and I'll bet it runs just the same. Congratulations, and have a good weekend down there.
-Steve

·
Registered
482 Posts
Congratulations ! It's wonderful to see enthusiasm triumph, in what many would consider an uneconomic restoration of an unappreciated (in several ways) car. Especially given the terrific color choices and obvious attention to detail, you seem to have created the definitive PF Flaminia. Great work, and good luck at Amelia.

Hope the Flaminia Touring convertible into which I've sunk all the gains from selling my Giuliettas at Amelia last year will turn out as well . . .

Don

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Congratulations ! It's wonderful to see enthusiasm triumph, in what many would consider an uneconomic restoration of an unappreciated (in several ways) car. Especially given the terrific color choices and obvious attention to detail, you seem to have created the definitive PF Flaminia. Great work, and good luck at Amelia.

Hope the Flaminia Touring convertible into which I've sunk all the gains from selling my Giuliettas at Amelia last year will turn out as well . . .

Don
Thanks Don. I'm sure your GT convertible will be fantastic- I can't wait to see it. Glad you like my colors, too!
Donald

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks Don. I'm sure your GT convertible will be fantastic- I can't wait to see it. Glad you like my colors, too!
Donald
Donald,

Just amazing how much better the car looks than in its previous plain silver, per photos in your post #13.

Do you think you might have it at Fairfield in September ? I anticipate that my convertible will be finished and shipped from England before then - same interior and wheel colors, but Grigio Newmarket. A potential Flaminia tango !

Don

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Donald,

Just amazing how much better the car looks than in its previous plain silver, per photos in your post #13.

Do you think you might have it at Fairfield in September ? I anticipate that my convertible will be finished and shipped from England before then - same interior and wheel colors, but Grigio Newmarket. A potential Flaminia tango !

Don
Hi Don,
Grigio Newmarket and saddle is a fantastic combination... No, my car won't be at Fairfield- after Amelia it's going 'home' to Palm Springs, so it will do the rounds of some West Coast shows before I get to drive it in vintage rallies again!
Donald

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi Don,
Grigio Newmarket and saddle is a fantastic combination... No, my car won't be at Fairfield- after Amelia it's going 'home' to Palm Springs, so it will do the rounds of some West Coast shows before I get to drive it in vintage rallies again!
Donald
Thanks, Donald. And thanks to Paolo (PG1964) I think we even have the right formula for Grigio Newmarket after multiple spray-outs. Too bad that there will not be an east coast 'side by side' opportunity, but following its debut at a mid-Atlantic event my car might also be garaged out west. I'm looking forward to all the photos of your coupe that will undoubtedly be posted on the web after Amelia.

Best,
Don

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Hi Don,
Donald
Will you have it at San Marino?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Hi Donald, just saw that this thread had re-surfaced and wanted to say a very well done on completing your Flaminia. It looks superb.

I also remember I was going to post some pics of my brother's car. So see below for this is how it still looks. As ever with my brother, he seems to acquire yet another project without getting on really with what he already has. Its a pity but it is typical for him. Hopefully soon he will at least have it stored in the new garage he is building.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
That car looks stunning, Donald. Good luck at Amelia next week.

Good to get it to the West Coast. Please consider it for Dana Point in July. Plans for Lancia West Coast get together in Arizona?

Now that the car is done, I am sure we can hope for an excellent article and pictures in the soon to-be-in-my-mailbox Lanciana :)

Mike

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
That car looks stunning, Donald. Good luck at Amelia next week.

Good to get it to the West Coast. Please consider it for Dana Point in July. Plans for Lancia West Coast get together in Arizona?

Now that the car is done, I am sure we can hope for an excellent article and pictures in the soon to-be-in-my-mailbox Lanciana :)

Mike
BTW, Mike, congratulations on the Desert Classic.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Amelia Island

Thanks to all for your kind words. I had a great time at Amelia, working all week including Sunday morning, when I sang the National Anthem to open the show! The Flaminia looked lovely on the field, although it turned out not to actually be finished... It's gone back to Connecticut for completion/rectification. I'm not sure when I'll get it to California.
It was nicely received, and I understand came in third in class in scoring. Unfortunately, only two awards are given... So it was a lovely 'first loser'!
My friend Daniele Turrisi brought the wonderful Fulvia HF Ghia Prototipo from Italy, which was also in my class. It was great to see the car again!
Donald

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Now offered at Gooding Scottsdale, lot 129.

The estimate seems highly understated to me, given Flaminia restoration costs and the soaring price of Aurelias. This car is strikingly handsome, although that odd pipe wrench in the tool kit is a bit alarming. I anticipate closer to six figures.

Good luck with the sale !

Don

61 - 80 of 114 Posts