Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
They sure are very, very lovely cars though and I wish I would have bought Corey's when I had the chance.

Mike
Mike-

Corey's car is indeed special: originality and preservation that I prefer to a restoration. I have only added Konis from Omicron and three-point seat belts. The car comes to the Berkshires from Philadelphia for several weeks each summer. Looks lovely at Tanglewood, and is as much fun on Sandisfield Road as the old Superhawk.[/QUOTE]
So whopurchase cory's car?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So whopurchase cory's car?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for any confusion. I bought Corey's car a couple of years ago. A very tight, supple, and "tossable" Flaminia; original except for paint some time before I got it, and seats retrimmed in original color red leather. Not a speck of rust anywhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Thanks for the pointer, Ed. I am actually on it. Completely crazy since another car is the very, very last thing I need right now.

Pictures of this one do not yet give me a warm and fuzzy feeling but they are as small as our avatars ...

I have the Flaminia this weekend and drove the hell out of it Fri and yesterday. I love, love, love, them. Mine seem to drive better the more it is put to good use. And I do everything with it: Fun rides Friday night, C&C Saturday morning, going to get a haircut, gym, getting groceries ... And always a group of folks around it. They pulled me out of my workout at the gym yesterday to talk about the car.

And my mechanics (Urs and Tony) have done a fantastic job. It goes like nothing and has not needed Tony's magic since July last year (Knock on wood ...).

I am still in awe that these fantastic cars are still so unknown and underappreciated ...

Go out have fun with them: I will be doing it again today ...

Mike

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
It's Joel Milman's old car. We exchanged vmails today. He sold it to a friend in NoCal (Where the car currently is).

I actually saw it a few times at the French/ Italian car show. Coincidentaly, I met Joel a few years ago at Willy Mueller's, who fixed up my Abarth double bubble. Small world.

This is probably a very, very good car. So tempting. Somebody please buy it now ...

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I'd worked out that it was Millman's, which is why I thought the car itself was still in San Diego. The price seems just a bit high, but even at the asking price it's undoubtedly a better bargain than the carcass that started this thread.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just for reference, I had a PF coupe a few years ago. I had to sell it since I was building my home and needed to raise some funds.

Lovely car. Mine was also silver with a red leather interior. I decided to change it to a very dark blueish green. I really had no reference of the original color so I made it up, but the finished product looked great, IMHO.

This is my first day on the forum, so let me see if I can enclose a few pics... not good ones as they were paper pics and then scanned. :confused:

Victor

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
Just for reference, I had a PF coupe a few years ago. I had to sell it since I was building my home and needed to raise some funds.

Lovely car. Mine was also silver with a red leather interior. I decided to change it to a very dark blueish green. I really had no reference of the original color so I made it up, but the finished product looked great, IMHO.

This is my first day on the forum, so let me see if I can enclose a few pics... not good ones as they were paper pics and then scanned. :confused:

Victor
What country this pictures were taken

·
Registered
830 Posts
The car was and still is in Mexico city, Mexico.
do you know a person by last name Armida, who's seen to be selling Lancia's he has 2 APPIA'S and a Aurelia B20 and B24, this cars I know there not his his just a broker, why this cars have not sold? they being in the market for long time,?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes, I know Fernando Armida. Very nice guy. I only knew he was selling the Appias which have been owned by him for tons of years, but didn't know of the others, and have no idea why they haven't sold.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yes, I know Fernando Armida. Very nice guy. I only knew he was selling the Appias which have been owned by him for tons of years, but didn't know of the others, and have no idea why they haven't sold.
THERE WAS ALSO A WHITE AURERELIA B20 COUPE THAT WAS FOR SALE, SEE I WENT TO MEXICO CITY TO SEE THIS CAR, AT THAT TIME THE CAR WAS OK, BUT NEED IT SOME MECHANICAL WORK, TRANS, SUSPENSSION, PRICE WAS OK, BUT I DID RATHER GO FOR WHAT I KNOW BEST ANOTHER FULVIA

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
I'm back and trying to learn your cars. Seems to me the Blue Flavia in Portugal for 12500 E is a no brainer compared to everything else you guys have chatted about from Alabama to California. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Hi Mike,
My car didn't come from eBay- I bought it from an old friend from New Jersey in August 2007 when I was frustrated at having been outbid on three cars I tried to buy at auction in Monterey over the weekend. I called him on Monday morning and told him I'd take the car, so I wouldn't be empty-handed! Attached are photos of the car the day I picked it up in NJ and on the 2008 New England 1000 rally. As for color, the jury's still out. It has a lovely "cuoio" color leather interior. The candidates are Blu Lancia, Grigio Albany (a gunmetal gray metallic) and Grigio Ascot, a dark non-metallic gray. Blu Lancia and Grigio Ascot were in the lead, until I saw a magnificent Ferrari 250GT Spider today at the Amelia Island show in dark gray metallic with cuoio leather and I was smitten...
Compare and contrast with the earlier photos posted- here's my Flam PF a couple of weeks ago when I went to the shop to inspect the bright trim for condition evaluation. It's amazing that a car which seems so clean and devoid of chrome sure has a lot once it's taken off and arranged on a table...
This is the point of no return- most is stripped and gutted- no turning back now!

Donald

Attachments

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Donald,

Looks very solid; very few issues in the metal. But what's going on at the top of the diagonal brace in the bottom photo? Or am I just seeing things?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Donald,

Looks very solid; very few issues in the metal. But what's going on at the top of the diagonal brace in the bottom photo? Or am I just seeing things?
Yes, the body is in remarkably good shape- no corrosion in the body panels or floor. There was some filler on the bottom of the doors and there are some strange small patch panels in the rear wheel arches on both sides which will be ripped out and replaced.

Your eyes do not deceive you- what you see in the lower photo is some surface rust which developed underneath the rear quarter windows which must have been letting in moisture for years under the lower seal. It's not very serious, but I am happy it's been discovered...

Donald

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Compare and contrast with the earlier photos posted- here's my Flam PF a couple of weeks ago when I went to the shop to inspect the bright trim for condition evaluation. It's amazing that a car which seems so clean and devoid of chrome sure has a lot once it's taken off and arranged on a table...
This is the point of no return- most is stripped and gutted- no turning back now!

Donald
An update on my Flaminia, which lurches step by step to completion. Here it is a few weeks ago after the first coats of paint. It was a gray/misty day, so the color doesn't reproduce so well. We ended up with Grigio Tudor; the contrast with the "cuoio" leather seats is terrific. Most of the chrome's back as well. It seems to be on track for a winter 2010 finish. Hopefully by then I will have saved up enough money to pay for the work!
Donald

Attachments

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Ladies and Gentlemen,

My I introduce to you, the most expensive Flaminia Pininfarina Coupe - Nicely done, Donald!

Mike

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Indeed I agree what a lovely looking Flaminia.

I just wanted to post that my brother has only recently acquired (last weekend) a Flaminia GT ? series 3, 2.8 V6, in grey with leather. Apparently it has around 80,000m on the clock. I am assuming it is the same shape as Zagato67's car?? I havnt seen it yet, but according to my brother it is one of 48 RHD models made. He mentioned that the engine is in pieces, that the car needs to be re-painted and the interior tidied up. Ditto the chrome needs to be re-done. Apparently it is straight, with virtually no visible rust.

I will take some pics of the car and post here for all to see. As I understand it, it is the only one in the State, and one of a handful at best in Australia. In buying the Flaminia, apparently a part of the deal is that he also will be buying from the seller a Gamma coupe which is wrecked but still has many good parts on it. He thinks a few of the Flaminia's parts may be in the Gamma's boot, plus with another friend who bought a Fulvia coupe and Zagato Fulvia in a stack of parts that came with these cars off the same seller. It should be yet another interesting project to sort out.

Now I must admit I know so little about classic Lancias, so any info/advice etc could be helpful to him. I mean where do you get parts for this model, say apart from Omicron in the UK?

BTW this is my 1000 post on the BB and I am talking Lancias :D, nothing like being interested in all sorts of Italian cars. Dave

21 - 40 of 114 Posts