Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me towards photos of a mid-60's Giulia sedan, either driving thru, or posing still on snow? I've been asked, by a screenwriter relative, to suggest for one of his characters, a 50's or 60's collector car that could actually be winter driven (on the street in Wisconsin). Naturally an Alfa will top the list, perhaps followed by an old Saab 99, Volvo 122S, Land Rover, and what the hell, a 58 Chevy Impala.

Ok, Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"will this work"?

Yup, that should prove Alfas are fun in the snow.

Found my still shot on pg 111 of Joe Benson's 1992 Alfa Romeo Buyer's Guide. 1750 Berlina...close enough!

Thanks,

·
Registered
511 Posts
another option

Hi Paul.. you're probably all set up with the alfa shot.. but if you need .. or your relative needs options... I have three Alfas... known as Ice Skates in most snow... and a early 70's Citroen front wheel drive DSpecial, looks very 60s, in a snow storm, on a street, great shot... you can use if you'd like... or not... )) Dave R

Attachments

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
ahh look at all that nice snow :D Wish it would snow like that here in Tassie in winter. Nice DS but pity the head lights are exposed unlike the version we got out here with perspex cover over them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Davo,
Although I pushed hard for the Alfas (sent him 3) he went for the Cit, which coincidentally I included as an afterthought. Your photos are much better than those I found, so they're getting forwarded along. BTW, it's a kid's movie being written under contract with Disney. Can't recall the name at the moment, but I'm sure filming is still a ways out there in the future.... kinda like Alfa's return.

Thanks to all,

·
Registered
511 Posts
thanks Paul

For the heads up on that.... A semi pro-photographer here.. amongst other incarnations.. The Citroen is a better snow car, though I slid my way to Taos once in my 69 GTV ,WITH all-seasons on it. I'm older now.. ) If we get another storm like that here in Santa Fe, I'll stick the GTV out in the street and snap it.
Good luck for the project, two of my other passions.. working with kids, and film/video with same and some other projects. Disney is big time, hope it goes well..
D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts