Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I was delivered a Spider (essentially in a box) and need some detailed photos of the lower dash area. Specifically the control knobs on the right, the underside of the steering column/firewall right, and underneath the dash by the toggle switches.

Greatly indebted to anyone who wants to excercise their camera this weekend!

·
Registered
710 Posts
The red one is a 56 Normale, the blue one is a 58 Veloce, the black one is a 58 Normale.
There are some variations to the layout, but these are fitted as the dash allowed without alteration.
The extra switch under the dash on the black car is for an electric fuel pump.
I cant remember what the middle switch on the blue dash is for right now, but was added and not typically there. DB

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi all,
I was delivered a Spider (essentially in a box) and need some detailed photos of the lower dash area. Specifically the control knobs on the right, the underside of the steering column/firewall right, and underneath the dash by the toggle switches.

Greatly indebted to anyone who wants to excercise their camera this weekend!
Hi.
In my '63 Giulia spider dash the middle switch act the heating-fan, with an orange warning light with the label "riscald." (in italian means "riscaldamento", heating in english) on.
Hope this help.
ciao
Andrea

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Close-up please

Andrea
Can you send a closer picture which looks at the switches and also the gauge underneath the dash. I have a similiar gauge which is an ammeter. Was this some sort of option or dealer add on?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Andrea
Can you send a closer picture which looks at the switches and also the gauge underneath the dash. I have a similiar gauge which is an ammeter. Was this some sort of option or dealer add on?
67alloy,
the gauge is an electric watch. Almost sure not original nor Alfa option. Probably a dealer add-on or after market stuff. I bought the car with this already fitted. Here you are the pic detail. Sorry, nothing else ready to send. If requested / useful next days I can take more close-up pics for you (my garage is far from my house).
Ciao from Italy
Andrea

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Those (Lucas?) switches (on the Giulia Spider) were originally bakelite, I believe, though one can now source plastic reproductions quite easily.

From left to right (driver to passenger):

dash lights; heater fan; wipers

By the way, the black car sports an incorrect steering wheel. The three-spoke was used only on '63 and later cars.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Pat,
I went with the later steering wheel in the black 58 Normale because it matches the 5 spd box.
Just a regular driver so I thought this looked better in a black and red car.
DaveB in Chicago

1 - 8 of 8 Posts