Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
chiuso per ferie
11,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A company called Yellow Dog Motor Sports is offering reproduction door jamb plates. You will need to provide proof of ownership.

I've been asked to make these, but it requires a machine that can imprint raised lettering, much like an old fashioned credit card. The fonts on the one they offer aren't quite right, but they look really nice. For those who want that last bit of detail on their cars, this seems to be the only place to get them. They are pricey at $25 plus $10 for shipping.

I've asked them if they would make them for 1972-974 model year Alfas, if I provide the graphics. We will see if they will offer to do them.

The link to their website is provided below.

Yellow Dog Motorsports | Corvette, Porsche and Alfa Romeo Parts | AR-5991

Attachments

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Even though the product page shows shipping to be $10, it's $13 once you go to checkout. The $25 doesn't bother me quite as much as paying $13 to ship a small piece like that.

·
chiuso per ferie
11,789 Posts

·
chiuso per ferie
11,789 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I've looked into having some blanks printed up. The embossing of the raised numbers is the issue. You can find credit card embossing machines, but they are not cheap.
That's why I thought these folks might be able to do it. Under "Designing Plastic Business Cards" they state:

"The only type of font that can embossed on a plastic card is called OCR Standard. You've seen this font a lot - it's the font that is used for numbers and letters on your credit card." They state they can do it in two thicknesses, and can do custom sizes.

Mine tag is broken with only the right half remaining or I would contact them.

·
chiuso per ferie
11,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's why I thought these folks might be able to do it. Under "Designing Plastic Business Cards" they state:

"The only type of font that can embossed on a plastic card is called OCR Standard. You've seen this font a lot - it's the font that is used for numbers and letters on your credit card." They state they can do it in two thicknesses, and can do custom sizes.

Mine tag is broken with only the right half remaining or I would contact them.
If you want to reach out to them about a one off, please feel free. I can provide a graphics file in AI or pdf format for you. I would very much like to find someone who can provide the service. I'm happy to provide the graphics.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello,
Anyone find a solution to get these Plastic VIN Tags reproduced ?
I'm also interested to get one new for my 69 spider and one for my 69 Bertone.
Thanks in advance for your help on this one.;)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
There doesn't seem to be a single vendor that can do this. I found a company that can make the plastic part but they don't do the embossing. Technically you could order the plastic piece (they have minimums, 200? 500? can't remember), buy an embossing machine and make your own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts