Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all who of the Montreal owners doesn't know the problems with the magnesium wheels.

I could convince Mr. Ondrak of OKP in Munich to run a reproduction of the wheels to original specifications and with German TÜV Assessment. The price would be between 250 and 300€ for each wheel. To begin with the production they need an order of 100 of better 200 wheels.

Therefore I am searching for any interested Alfista. I would be glad if I could find the interested Montreal owners.

Please give me short message if you are seriasly interested.

Daniel

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't think that you'll get enough interest to merit 100 sets of wheels.

Now, if you accurately reproduced a dash given that they all seem to crack, THAT might get some real interest going. Or an accurate reproduction of the tri-fold panel beneath the rear window.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen the 15 zoll replicas but with them you will get trouble in Germany, Austria and Swiss at least because these wheels don't have the admission by the MOT/TÜV.

Furtermore I like the original style with 14 zoll more.

And I am looking not for 100 sets. I need 100 single wheels which are 25 sets.

I think there should be 25 interested Montreal owners out there!

·
Registered
149 Posts
And I am looking not for 100 sets. I need 100 single wheels which are 25 sets.

I think there should be 25 interested Montreal owners out there!
I misread your post. Yes, you might get enough interest for 25 sets.

·
Registered
466 Posts
This sounds very interesting in 14" INCL. the TUV/MOT papers because without the papers for the new rims you can't get thru any 2-years-tech-check here! The price is very acceptable.

I am sure that lastest end of 1970 all 4000x4 rims were produced - that means that our poor magnesium-mix rims are 45 years old and have a high age for this special mixture of material. 1200 Euro with papers is a very fair price. Mostly OKP is very expensive in all parts, like medicine in pharmacy, but this price challange me. :clover:

Hannelore

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would buy 15" in a heartbeat (like those that Group 4 used to make) but not in 14". As you know, there is no longer such a thing as a 14" performance tyre.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
With all due respect to OKP and Christian; they are great Alfa Romeo parts suppliers and I really appreciate them...

If there are 25 Montreal owners out there looking for stock "Turbina" (4x108; 14" X 6.5") wheels, I have a very nice set 5, neatly stacked, in the workshop that I could be "talked out of". They came from a car that had been stored inside for 35 years. They have no corrosion and still have their original finish, in very good condition. If you are seriously interested, please send me a PM.

Mark

·
Registered
145 Posts
I´ll be interested in a set of 14".

I ´m contact Group 4 wheels also month ago about a reproduction, but no answer!. (Mabe they don´t answer because of my bad english???)

When I get a set of 14" i will be happy. Because of TUEV papers. So no problems.
In the future they will be make performance tyres because the market of old cars crowes up day by day.

Kai

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Kai, I understand your English just fine! It is a 'little better' than my German, for sure. What is wrong with your stock wheels? They looked fine as I recall seeing photographs you posted of your car this spring.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mark, I want to use my car as it build. As a sports car. I´m little afrait of the age. When I want to drive 200 km/h or more than I want it save. On the pictures you dont see the little bubbles they have.

When I found some nice Wheels you have on the blue beauty you have I will take this one.

Kai

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Kai, I suspect that if you are really afraid of your wheels, you could have them stripped, crack tested with liquid penetrant and then refinished...Mg alloy is bad about oxidizing if exposed to certain elements; especially road salts.

AMS has at least some listed on their site; price on asking...
Fahrwerk : Felgen

Mark

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
TUV Termin

This sounds very interesting in 14" INCL. the TUV/MOT papers because without the papers for the new rims you can't get thru any 2-years-tech-check here! The price is very acceptable.
That's a quite wrong statement in daily practice; mostly you're not even asked for any papers in Germany when getting cars with 'H' plates MOT'd/TUV'ed.

The only reason for homologating these replica wheels officially is the higher price you can demand with TUV papers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's a quite wrong statement in daily practice; mostly you're not even asked for any papers in Germany when getting cars with 'H' plates MOT'd/TUV'ed.

The only reason for homologating these replica wheels officially is the higher price you can demand with TUV papers.
I was interested in the group 4 15" wheels . I obtained clear instructions from the German TÜV which examination certificates must be suplied by group 4 for a admission. Group 4 was willing to do this from a certain number of interested buyers ( 20 if I remember correctly ). I could not collect these at that time.
Peter

1 - 18 of 18 Posts