Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, the fuel return line on top of my tank is more brittle than a piece of chalk ;) Even being crazy gentle, it snapped almost looking at it... For a bit it kinda felt like I could get a coupler on there and just replace part of it from the access holes, but it snapped again on me and now it's too far up the chain to try that. So, my question is, is there any way do you think I can fish a new nylon flex fuel line from top down without dropping the tank?? It could take a slightly different route if needed, I just don't have the time to drop a tank ATM. From my finger and bora scope probing, it looks impossible? :confused:

Thanks for any thoughts.

MegaMan!

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,567 Posts
You got steel or Euro plastic tank? See the picture of steel tank, There is a groove in tank going forward to might give an opening to feed electrical wire "fish" tape or fiberglass push pull rod from access hole in trunk to front of tank. If not you may have to loosen tank attaching bolts enough to lower tank somewhat in the front.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Steve, ahhh yes, I've really appreciated your photos and have stared at them a lot. Thank you for those. Yeah, US spec version with the steal tank. Is the grove you speak of the one that is just forward of the fuel pump opening (it looks enticing - wide and not used?!)?

MegaMan!

You got steel or Euro plastic tank? See the picture of steel tank, There is a groove in tank going forward to might give an opening to feed electrical wire "fish" tape or fiberglass push pull rod from access hole in trunk to front of tank. If not you may have to loosen tank attaching bolts enough to lower tank somewhat in the front. View attachment 1656610

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,567 Posts
Yes, that is the groove in front of tank cover opening for fuel pump.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that route is working well. Thank you. Now I’ve been looking at pictures, parts diagrams and feeling with my hands and I can not 100% verify which of the 5 lines running down the car is the fuel return line. I thought the second line from the right, but nope. Does anyone know which of the 5 lines is the fuel return line (Two are metal on the left, the rest seem nylon)? I’ll try to dig more tonight too.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,567 Posts
There are two steel brake lines, two steel fuel lines and one vapor cannister line running under the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts