Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have managed to resolve all my check engine light issues on my new Q.

However my slave cylinder has been leaking, so that is next on the to do list... I was wondering anyone had any suggestions or helpful tips for this job sering as it will be my first time doing this

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,291 Posts
I have managed to resolve all my check engine light issues on my new Q.

However my slave cylinder has been leaking, so that is next on the to do list... I was wondering anyone had any suggestions or helpful tips for this job sering as it will be my first time doing this

Thanks
I just rebuild old slave with rubber kit from Difatta Bros by honing out slave with electric drill and brake hone.

Whether replacing or rebuilding if slave rusted into mounting bracket it is best to first loosen rubber hose slightly in end of slave then remove three bolts holding bracket to tranny and remove slave and bracket from car.

If car still has hockey puck damper attached to air cleaner bracket I disconnect pressure hose coming from clutch master cylinder going to it.

I remove hockey puck and line going to slave and did not reuse. Just hook hose from master directly to new or repaired slave.

Repair kit for clutch slave is 9940854 but has many different vendor numbers and listed for many Alfa, Fiat and Lancia models.

I get my kits from Difatta. It fits Milano slave too.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/778421-post2.html




http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/164-168-1991-1995/165937-clutch-slave-cylinder-replacement.html
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
757 Posts
When I did my slave cylinder, the only way I could get to bleed properly was to have it off the transmission, hold the actuator rod with a clamp to keep the piston from being ejected and holding it as high as possible with the bleeder screw up while someone else pumped the pedal. Otherwise, not a difficult job, unless, like Steve said, the slave is rusted into the bracket like mine was. I took it out of the car and used a "BTU Hammer" (torch) to remove it. I had a new slave, rather than just a rebuild kit.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top