Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'64 Spider Normale (Bought new), now "abnormale"; '91 Spider Veloce
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Requesting a step-by-step or other guidance on removing the old broken seat broken seat frame.jpg pan and replacing with a new pan, please.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
it was a while ago that I did mine, but iirc:
once the seat is out the car you separate the back rest from the seat base

the cushions themselves have 4 metal tabs that go though 4 slits (2 front 2 back) in the pan, which then get bent over and then riveted.

You drill out the small rivets, bend the tabs straight and the cushion lifts off.
If your cushion looks a little tired (not shot), you can use some new foam to fill the cavities underneath to give it back some firmness...

remember how the runners go, before removing, and keep track of which spacers were where, between runners and carpet!
grease the threads in the floor.

here a small pdf (using photos from someone else's thread on BB that I saved and can't remember whose it was, to acknowledge!)
might help

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was a while ago that I did mine, but iirc:
once the seat is out the car you separate the back rest from the seat base

the cushions themselves have 4 metal tabs that go though 4 slits (2 front 2 back) in the pan, which then get bent over and then riveted.

You drill out the small rivets, bend the tabs straight and the cushion lifts off.
If your cushion looks a little tired (not shot), you can use some new foam to fill the cavities underneath to give it back some firmness...

remember how the runners go, before removing, and keep track of which spacers were where, between runners and carpet!
grease the threads in the floor.

here a small pdf (using photos from someone else's thread on BB that I saved and can't remember whose it was, to acknowledge!)
might help
Dom: thanks...very helpful.

·
Premium Member
4,510 Posts
Requesting a step-by-step or other guidance on removing the old broken seat View attachment 1615952 pan and replacing with a new pan, please.

Thanks so much.
You can take the bottom foam cushion out and weld or have pan cracks welded up. If its real bad. A flat piece of steel can be laid over the crack and welded on.

I've repaired these many time on customers cars over the years.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Agree with Jim
I had mine welded.
The pans are thin crappy metal and always seem to crack there ( and rust)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can take the bottom foam cushion out and weld or have pan cracks welded up. If its real bad. A flat piece of steel can be laid over the crack and welded on.

I've repaired these many time on customers cars over the years.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts