Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure of the steps to replace, just wanted to know how much trouble it is to replace the rear shocks on an 88 Quad. Can I do it myself or am I better off taking it to a shop and paying a mech to do it. This is the one thing I've never tried doing myself. Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Premium Member
3,771 Posts
You can do it!

Here is the thread I used to follow when I did mine last summer.

Rear Shock Installation

The only difference is that I didn't use a stool to lift the back of the car at the end, I used my floor jack with about 4 2x4's stacked under the shipping tie down at the back of the car and lifted the rear end that way.

You can do it!

Good luck.

Vin

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great directions! I feel confident now! I really appreciate the help. This board is great!

·
Premium Member
2,816 Posts
Here is the thread I used to follow when I did mine last summer.

Rear Shock Installation

The only difference is that I didn't use a stool to lift the back of the car at the end, I used my floor jack with about 4 2x4's stacked under the shipping tie down at the back of the car.

You can do it!

Good luck.

Vin
Insert joke here about aging Italian icon on wobbling bar stool.:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,
I need to replace the shocks on my 86 Quad Spider...
Does anyone have the KYB part numbers on the fronts and rears...I went to the KYB site and they aren't even showing a listing.
Centerline has them for $85-90/ea. but that seems very high for KYB's. I saw some old threads where KG5517 were referenced but none of the references showed compatability. Just wanted to check before ordering. Didn't see a reference for the fronts.
Thanks for anyone's help.
Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts