Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There have been several threads regarding what speakers to use when replacing them in a S4.

I recently replaced all four of my speakers with good success and figured I would post what worked well for me.

Door panel speakers:
Following the recommendations of this forum I purchased the Boston Acoustics SX55 5-1/4" 2-way Speakers. Although a little tight, the did fit and sound great.

Rear speakers:
Pioneer TS-A1371R 5-1/4" 3-way Speakers
These fit perfect and sound fantastic for 5-1/4" speakers. These speakers really have great bass to them without any distortation. I adjusted my fader to favor the back a little, kicked up the bass, and now I am able to hear music clearly with the top down. I was really surprised at how well these worked, since typically the 5-1/4" speakers lack the needed bass to be able to carry the music with wind/road noise.

I also installed the XTC 5-1/4-inch pair Slim Speaker Baffles (from Crutchfield) with all of my speakers.

The rest of my setup is:
Alpine CDA-9856 Receiver
Kenwood KAC-7495 Amplifier

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
i just recently went with eclipse 4" in the front and diamond audio 5 1/4" in the rear powered by a nakamichi head unit

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,085 Posts
That's good info on the baffles - I didn't realize there were any that would fit on the Spider. Thanks.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Whether or how well the baffles work depends I think on the depth and the size of the magnets on the speakers for those in front. In my case, the power window cable rubs a little on the back of the baffle. BTW, I put the baffle on the back of the speaker, not just in the hole in the door, so part (or most) of the baffle is actually inside that piece of plastic on the outside of the actual door panel, not sticking back through the door panel, if that makes any sense ('91 Spider).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts