Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lower dash on my 92 Spider was trashed when I bought my car. I'm looking for replacements. Does anyone know whether the smaller pads from the 86-90 spiders will fit in series 4? I'd much prefer the less obtrusive older ones if they'll fit.
I've been living with them, so I'm in no rush. I keep hoping I'll come across a wrecked spider with a pristine interior.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I can't find any information on replacing the S4 knee pads with either S4 European pads or S3 lower dash. Help!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I haven't check if other knee pads will fit but I want to do the conversion too. I was thinking the S-4 Euro pads would be the easiest conversion but maybe more $$$ since there are many USA S-3's.

When I had my center council and radio out last winter I looked things over and the knee pads look to fasten differently then what the shop manual shows.................Instead of nuts and bolt fasteners connectiong the two sides under the radio it look like it was one piece..............never did figured it out how one side could be removed let alone both of them?

If you go ahead and do a conversion take some pic's I would like to see how it all connects together.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha Ha. Hello Murray! **** 2003, huh?
I ended up getting S4 knee pads from APE and installing them, there may be a thread someplace where I took pics of spraying them black (still holding up)
I don't remember for sure, but I think that there were issuses with the S# parts and the S4 center console.

Merry Christmas AlfaBB.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I want to do the same conversion in the Auto as the knee pads are ugly. I will have a look in the spring to see how the Euro style fit vs. the US ones.

I had to refit one of the Euro ones in my manual Spider and I recall it had pretty slim bolts on either side which located into holes by the upper part of the dash. These are really only cosmetic whereas the US style knee bolsters are for crash protection and are held on by bigger structural bolts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Interesting to see all this sudden interest in this old thread since I have been considering the same conversion to the Euro style bolsters on my 91. Like the rest of you have not gotten very far (other priorities) but was reading a thread by "kunzman" about redoing the interior on his 1990. Noticed that the knee bolsters in his 90 were very similar to the Euro style bolsters I saw in a sales brochure for a 1991 Euro Spider. So made me wonder if the 90 bolsters would fit on my 91. Probably would be easier to get some used 90 bolsters than the 91 Euro style.

If anyone gets any farther with this project please post the results.

Thanks
Ed

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Ha Ha. Hello Murray! **** 2003, huh?
I ended up getting S4 knee pads from APE and installing them, there may be a thread someplace where I took pics of spraying them black (still holding up)
I don't remember for sure, but I think that there were issuses with the S# parts and the S4 center console.

Merry Christmas AlfaBB.
Yo! Diso! What up!:D:D:D

Feel the Love,
John M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts