Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. The upper rear interior door card/door panel clip (top rear corner of the panel) has come out and won't stay secured. Is there a recommended place for buying replacement clips for the panel? It's one of those little things that bugs me. The car isn't perfect, but I like to keep it as nice as possible.
Thanks.
David

P.S. It's a '91 Spider Veloce.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I'll try to post a photo of the offending part. It's not a plastic or nylon piece at all. It appears to be a metal post that is anchored on the door card side, and has a taper near the end and seems to fit into the actual metal part of the door. I've looked at the other ones on the door and they're the same.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,534 Posts
Something doesn't sound right in what you're describing. Most of the door panel pins are plastic. The exception is the upper rear one, which as you described is a metal pin attached to the door trim panel.

The plastic pins just pop into holes on the door. The metal pin requires a plastic insert be pressed in the hole in the door to catch the pin. My post above explains a workaround.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,534 Posts
No, Jay, those are the three along the bottom. The one he's talking about (I think) is the solid metal pin at the top rear corner of the door.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have those on my 89 S3 as well, but have never seen them listed anywhere. You can still get the metal spring clips and plastic clips, but not sure about those posts.

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
No, Jay, those are the three along the bottom. The one he's talking about (I think) is the solid metal pin at the top rear corner of the door.
Hmm, that sounds quite different from my '67 which has four philips-headed sheetmetal screws along the bottom and the clips Classic Alfa supplies at the F and R vertical edges. But I believe that different year spiders used different fastening systems. My '67 has nothing like a "solid metal pin at the top rear corner of the door".

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
So is the metal pin still there? It fits into a little plastic grommet that is a one-time-use thing. If you have the pin you just need the little plastic reciever. Classic Alfa has them:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I seem to remember finding a bag of the plastic part pictured in post #3. For some reason they do have a hefty price from current distributors. PM me if interested. I also have various bags of NOS clips for 80's and 90's cars.

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
He has an S4 spider (91)

I am fairly sure he is talking about the metal pin on the top left corner of the armrest....if that is loose, you need to remove the door card, then separate the armrest from the card and somehow glue it (JBWeld or some good glue)
That pin goes through the doorcard and clips into the plastic clip in my post #3 above which fits into the sheet metal of the door

s4 door pin.jpg

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's a pic of the offending post. From what I can tell, the door has the same posts all around.
Thanks Serie4. I think I understand what you mean. I just need to find the appropriate clips.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,534 Posts
Here's a pic of the offending post. From what I can tell, the door has the same posts all around.
Nope. That particular post is unique.

You need the plastic grommet that fits in the metal door to hold it. See Dom's post #3 above: looks like OKP has it available. Alternatively you can do what I did, which is buy a #8 nylon nut at the local auto parts store and drill it out with a 7/32" bit.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,534 Posts
To clarify some more, here's the parts diagram for the S4. It's somewhat different than the earlier cars.

The part you need is #6 (shown as 60533354 in the parts listing). It is only used at the upper rear of the door panel. Most of the pins holding on the panel are the white plastic #13 pins.

Along the bottom there are three metal clips (#9) that fit into three plastic receivers in the door (#8). These are the parts referenced in posts 6 & 10 above, but are not what you need.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. I appreciate the insight and explanations. It sort of makes sense now. Well, the solution makes sense, not why Alfa would use something different on one particular corner of a door card. ;)

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
as Tom says, just one of those metal pins on top rear corner of each door.
As postage for such a small piece will be more than the piece (only Germany seems to have those), I think Tom's workaround is a good alternative, until someone in the US buy 50 of the things and resells them!

these are the only 3 shops I know that have them...all over here though.
Suchergebnisse
and
Befestigungsclip Armlehne Alfa Spider 105/115 Bj.1990 - 1993 - Autoersatzteile für Alfa Romeo, Fiat und Lancia bei AFL-Ricambi, 6,90 €
and
Alfa-Service

or Ebay in Canada for 25 buckeroos each (OK the original version with metal in the centre to really hold)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts