Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My RHD 1973 2000GTV came with what appear to be 'Autopal' headlamps. Shame it didn't have the original Carrellos and I understand that they're hard to track down. I ordered some reproductions from ClassicAlfa and they're ok, but if I can't source originals then I'd rather something better than a replacement.

Upon doing some research, I see that Hella have some replacement headlamps but I've no idea where to source the correct ones for a RHD car.

Appreciate any info!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
These look and work beautifully on my US '73. Now I'm scratching my head trying wondering if these standard round lights are RHD/LHD specific?

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These look and work beautifully on my US '73. Now I'm scratching my head trying wondering if these standard round lights are RHD/LHD specific?
Thanks for that. If I find them here in Australia, then they will certainly be RHD. How did you attached the inner lights?

Do you know the part numbers? And do you want NOS?
Steve
Unfortunately I don't know the part numbers. Doesn't have to be NOS either.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
The only change I had to make if I recall was to alter the buckets where the locating tabs sat. Im sorry but I have totally forgotten what combo of US and Euro headlight parts I ended up using…

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only change I had to make if I recall was to alter the buckets where the locating tabs sat. Im sorry but I have totally forgotten what combo of US and Euro headlight parts I ended up using…
All good mate. I think it's slightly different for you guys as your inner headlights are fog lights, whereas ours are high beams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts