Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

As I tackle replacing the spare tire well on my '90 Spider Veloce, I'm also going to need to weld in a new battery tray. Does anyone know of a source who is reproducing the battery tray sheet metal? I've looked at Centerline, Vicks, and Classic Alfa, and none of them appears to list that part in their inventories. The PO used toggle bolts to install a generic battery tray, and I'd like to do a bit better job than that. :sneaky:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sorry can't help with finding new one, but when I replace my spare tire well, I had to remove it. When I welded it back, it was a little bit higher, and battery terminal was hitting the trunk. Try not to make that mistake.

·
Registered
9,234 Posts
Häckner in Germany list that
not sure the difference(if any?) between your 1990 model (so called S3.5) and the S4

I would however ask them if that is the battery tray for the boot (trunk)......should be as they say injection (and injection has the battery invariably in the trunk)
Even the parts manual is unclear and shows an odd illustration (see enclosed pdf)

the description says their own production, hand made
their ebay page
Alfa Romeo S. 115 Batteriehalteblech Batterie Spider ie i. e. i.e. Einspritzer | eBay

their shop page, search 60547494 or 60721589
Karosseriebleche Spider 90-93

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry can't help with finding new one, but when I replace my spare tire well, I had to remove it. When I welded it back, it was a little bit higher, and battery terminal was hitting the trunk. Try not to make that mistake.
So, I did locate a 'battery tray' in the Mr. Fiat online catalog, but it amounts to little more than a flat plate with two bent up sides. If that's what passes for a battery tray, I guess I'll use the good old bending break and bend up one of my own design. I will keep and eye on both battery terminals to ensure that I don't have them coming into contact with the car body. My red battery cable has a red vinyl protective cover on the clamp, the black negative clamp does not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts