Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced all (I hope) my vacuum lines on my 87 Spider with a silicon hose kit from hiperformancestore.com. I'm very pleased with the product as well as the instructions that were provided. On the diagrams below, I indicated all the vacuum lines I could identify; my brake booster is bad so that hose is missing.

Can someone please comment if I found all the vacuum hoses or worse yet if I replaced one that I shouldn't have (i.e., oil line)?

vaccum1.JPG

vaccum3.JPG

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm about to do the exact same thing with the exact same product. In fact, I couldn't decide between the blue and black colors so thank you for letting me see how cool the blue is! My mechanic has been patching what's there but it's time for new. Did you notice any difference in running or performance after changing?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carverlvr, my idle was rough before changing hoses and I noticed one loose connection to the pressure regulator during the changeout. After changing hoses, the idle improved and the engine feels like I have slightly more power at speed, but that might be my imagination justifying my purchase. All my vacuum hoses were original and upon inspection most of them had small cracks on the ends. The replacement was long overdue.

mcola, any suggestions on how to check the intake runners?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts