Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1993 164L. My son moved from CT to RI. His windshield had been cracked for all of the six years he owned the car, in CT. RI inspection failed him due to the crack which looked like an antenna wire right up the center.

He did not have insurance. We have a parts car. After reading previous threads, I removed the interior trim on the pillars, dash piece at base of windshield, center rear view mirror, wiper arms. An auto glass professional came to my house and removed the windshield from parts car on a warmer day last week, 45 degrees F. He left the chrome trim on the perimeter on the windshield. Then he installed the windshield in his shop. The windshield heater wires were damaged, so the heater won't work. The installation looks good, hopefully it won't leak. The auto glass guy charged $240.

He also failed due to outer tie rod ends, I put those on.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Thanks. That may be a little more north than I planned on.

Whenever I end up doing this, I'll need someone to take out the old glass and hopefully not destroy any trim. Then I need to do some body repair at the base of the windshield. So they'll have to come back a second time to put in the new glass.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks for this post.

I need to get my windshield replaced, cracks keep spreading, so thanks for the tips.

What else besides the windshield, did you use in the replacement, i.e. was it a kit from EPer, etc., and where did you get it ?

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not buy any kits or anything else. We took the replacement windshield from the parts car, it had the trim pieces on it. The installer charged me $28 for "Adhesive - (1.0, Urethane, Primer)".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts