Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone with experience replacing a complete dash for late GTV's? Would like to get some input to judge if this is something I can do myself ;-)

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
891 Posts
I don’t think so. Possibly the plastic cover of the steering column. You will have to remove the instruments (2 screws on the front) and disconnect all electric cables. Disconnect battery before you start. also disconnect 4 rubber hoses to the air outlets. Dash is attached at A pillars underneath the dash and also at the upper side in the air outlets with 1 or 2 screws.

At least this is what I remember....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t think so. Possibly the plastic cover of the steering column. You will have to remove the instruments (2 screws on the front) and disconnect all electric cables. Disconnect battery before you start. also disconnect 4 rubber hoses to the air outlets. Dash is attached at A pillars underneath the dash and also at the upper side in the air outlets with 1 or 2 screws.

At least this is what I remember....

Thx going to give it a try!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Ok, any need to remove the steering wheel as well?
Personally, I would remove both front seats, center console and the steering wheel to gain full access to the front dash area. The time and effort to remove these items will be well worth the ease gained in accessing areas under the dash, as well as removing and replacing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts