Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
If it is a turn signal in place of the side marker, it still has to be a side marker. It appears to need both the side marker wire (yellow) and the turn signal wire (blue and blue/black).

I don't know if there are two bulbs in there, or one that will go dark with the turn signal pulse when running lights are on.
Forget about the side marker, this is a Euro spec Alfa in Europe, its a repeater. The matching bulb is an all glass bulb and it has only one filament. Repeaters gets the live from the front direction indicator and when the GTs were new and the socket were made from metal they got earth thou contact with the metal wing. If the socket is of plastic it needs a wire to earth.
NB! As far as I remember when we in Denmark imported a US spec car we had to disconnect the side markers to get them approved - the front simply was rewired to be a side repeater and the rear we simply removed the bulb. I and others imported some MG Bs in the late '70s when the MG B was only made RHD for the UK market and LHD for the US (we transformed the engines to Euro Specs as well as all the emission control robed 25+ HPs).
Erik

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah, thanks. I saw them also as my original ones have turned to goo...
I´ll also buy new repeaters as I see no sense in complicating things.
Putting on a groundwire that never was there in the first place seems strange to me. Chris from Highwood gave me the same advice as papajam, which of course is sound.
But I´ll buy the classic alfa repeaters plus new boots.
Again thanks for all the advice, much appreciated :)

/J

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
OK, so it finally panned out really well.
I used the ground contact and fastened it to the reapeater mounting stud.

The end result in a rather blurry picture, sorry ´bout that.

And it all looks like this :D

Thanks everybody for all your great help! This is THE Alfa forum in the world :)

/J

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just wanted to finish this thread in good fashion.
To mount the repeater on the left wing I had to make new holes, as it didn´t come with any.
Nailbiting stuff...

But here goes :)

Hole for the bulbholder

Almost there...

Finished on both sides! Originality at last :D

Thanks for looking and go Kimi go! ;)

Jan

21 - 25 of 25 Posts