Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of used taillights for my Montreal however one is damaged and missing the stop lens.

I am thinking I can repair the broken edge and get them chromed.
I know a good local plastic chromer that can refinish them for me.

Does anyone have a broken taillight that might have this edge intact so that I can cannibalise it and repair mine?

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,614 Posts
I'll look. I've got one extra taillight surround that is broken in a different place. Not sure which side. I doubt I can get to it tomorrow, but check with me on Wednesday via PM.

·
Push hard and live
9,614 Posts
Taillight housing

Derek,

I found the taillight housing. It is for the right side (or passenger side in non feudal countries), while the one you pictured appears to be the left. Not sure if you could cut-n-paste the end from mine, but you're welcome to try.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Sorry to jump in....anyone have a reverse light lens for the driver's side taillight assembly?

Thanks, JP

·
Registered
145 Posts
I´ve used clue from a dentist.(Because a friend of mine is dentist) I make it step by step to fix my housing. After the housing was strong from the dental clue I work with a "Tremel" to bring it in shape. Then spraying with 99,99% Aluminium polish. It´s not bad bad but it is not nice. It is cheap.
Kai

1 - 7 of 7 Posts