Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find a pair of Euro manifolds for my Alfetta to save my life. I know where to get a pair with a cracked 1-4 section. Are there any new miricle cures? Recieved wisdom is that this is usually not worth the trouble, but maybe a new technique exists?

Ideas?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Can't help with the repair, but IAP used to carry new European manifolds...

Best regards,

A

·
0 Posts
have never used a Eastwood product that did not meet their claims, but I have no experience with the new cast iron repair products they sell, I think in both stick and wire form.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are interested I have a used set of headers. I think they are the shankle version. They are still on the car and I can get them off next weekend.
Thanks! But those have a different connection. I need the Euro headers to mate to my new exhaust system.

I got a message from someone who has a set. A little pricey, but I think that I'll go ahead. Thanks to all!

The Alfetta Mafia,

·
Premium Member
21,841 Posts
I have a welded cast iron manifold from a Mustang 200 six that seems to be holding up OK, but Norman Racing normally won't do that, and has brazed cracked manifolds for me, though he says not to expect them to last forever.

I have heard of "stitching" cast iron back together, but I don't know what that process is.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts