Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'64 Spider Normale (Bought new), now "abnormale"; '91 Spider Veloce
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering why no seat belt warning signal, I inspected the belt end and include photos showing the wire problem.
IMG-2090.jpg IMG-2089.jpg Any chance to make a repair?
Thanks, Nick

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,535 Posts
You sure you want to? You really want that thing binging at you until you put the seatbelt on?

I mean, it’s not like I ever forget my seatbelt

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You sure you want to? You really want that thing binging at you until you put the seatbelt on?

I mean, it’s not like I ever forget my seatbelt
Well Gubi...Your comment got me thinking, I don't have a "buzzing" warning now, so something else is at work, here.
I am able to test the two "blades" in the lead to the seat belt end, and one is ground, and the other is 12 v., so why no "buzzer" is a mystery to me. Thus, I'm inclined to "leave well enough alone", that is keep things as they are now. Any responses? Thanks..

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,535 Posts
It doesn't buzz, it beeps. And it beeps in two circumstances:

1) Key turned to on, door open. This is the "you left the key in the ignition" warning and is triggered by the grounding of one of the switches in front of the driver's door
2) Key turned to on, driver seatbelt unlatched. This is triggered by connecting the two wires you're looking at in the seat belt latch. If one of them is cut like yours it disables the seatbelt warning

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't buzz, it beeps. And it beeps in two circumstances:

1) Key turned to on, door open. This is the "you left the key in the ignition" warning and is triggered by the grounding of one of the switches in front of the driver's door
2) Key turned to on, driver seatbelt unlatched. This is triggered by connecting the two wires you're looking at in the seat belt latch. If one of them is cut like yours it disables the seatbelt warning
Gubi: Thanks. I'll think about re-attaching the broken lead to the seat belt. However, does it follow that jumping the two blades in the lead to the seat belt could simulate the seat belt end having its wires re-attached, and activating the beeping?
Or as you said earlier, forget about such warning altogether...I'm still thinking about this.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,535 Posts
Yes, if you connect those two wires it should activate the beeping, assuming the key is turned on.

The seat belt device handles the beeping for both the door and the seat belt. So if the door chime isn't working too then it's likely a problem there, perhaps somebody unplugged it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts