Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear window that came with my GTV restoration project is missing the spade tabs that the wiring connects to on both sides. I've seen repair kits online that include tabs and conductive adhesive but I was curious if any of you had used those with success or had any other preferred methods of repair? Thanks-

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,535 Posts
So I used conductive epoxy (Frost Fighter brand, IIRC) to repair a broken tab on the Milano. It lasted for many years and generally seemed to work okay.

If you're doing restoration the most original and durable option would probably be to use solder paste and a soldering iron. That has a higher risk of glass breakage if done improperly and I've never done it myself.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I used conductive epoxy (Frost Fighter brand, IIRC) to repair a broken tab on the Milano. It lasted for many years and generally seemed to work okay.

If you're doing restoration the most original and durable option would probably be to use solder paste and a soldering iron. That has a higher risk of glass breakage if done improperly and I've never done it myself.
Thanks Tom. Since I'm missing the tabs, do you mind telling me if they are attached with the tab ends mounted vertically or horizontally? Looks like Frost Fighter also sells replacement tabs but I want to make sure to get as close to original as possible....

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,535 Posts
Not sure what you mean by vertical or horizontal, but your other thread has a good photo:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts