Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the stainless at the top of the door and around the back of the soft top so I can finish prepping for paint.

Does the piece behind the hood around the wipers come of readily?

Instructions please.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not absolutely sure what you mean.
The part with the vents in it can be removed by removing the nuts that are located under the rubber seal (hood seal). Then remove the wipers. The entire part should then be loose and you can slide it out by tilting it slightly upwards to get it to clear the edge in the front (where the bolts where).
It goes under the windscreen so be careful and wiggle it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, that's good.

Now about the thin stainless strip at the top of the door which appears to hold? the door glass seal?

Also the thin stainless strip at the rear of the soft top?

·
Super Moderator
10,635 Posts
I need to remove the stainless at the back of the soft top so I can finish prepping for paint.
That one is kind of a chore - you need to remove the same studs + nuts that retain the back of the canvas top.

Does the piece behind the hood around the wipers come of readily?
That one is easy: just remove the two screws at either end, and it will fall out. Re-installation is a little harder: you have to slide it under the clips and hold it in place while you replace the screws. Having 3 or 4 hands will help.

I'm forgetting how the strip on the door attaches.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stripping a '74 is good practice for the '78 which will have to go back together too.

Still need to figure out the door trim that holds the window seal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts