Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or for some of those of you who live in foreign lands, Removing Quad door card...

Driver's door. Has built in/external speaker (if you have one, you know what I mean) and a one piece upper door cap, pull handle, and frame for storage bin.

I've found and removed all of those tricky hidden screws, except the upper left corner (rear of door) has a screw holding that corner on. However, no access to it.

I can see that the one piece door pull, etc. is screwed on from behind. So this tells me the upper section can't be popped off (I did give it a bit of a try). The section which holds the inside window rubber 'scraper' appears as if it can come off, but that's not going to help get that screw holding the very corner of the panel out. Why wasn't an additional pry out plug/hole also installed there?

This car has been very thoroughly repainted, so I know that the door panel has been removed before.

FWIW I'm switching out the exterior door handle.

Right now I'm thinking hacksaw blade - unless you have a better solution.

Biba

·
Administrator
17,371 Posts
(pictures are always helpful so we all know what we're working on...)

The upper door cap lifts off by moving it upwards. Is that what is blocking access to the final screw? The arm-rest/door pull in our '84 Veloce has three screws. They are behind the triangular or trapezoidal piece in the upper part of the arm-rest/door pull then the others are behind the chrome strip in the horizontal section. I don't know if the Quad is the same/similar.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
I've found and removed all of those tricky hidden screws, except the upper left corner (rear of door) has a screw holding that corner on. However, no access to it.

Biba
There is a fairly strong Pin that is moulded into the black armrest that passes through the door panel and into a grommet in the door itself.

You have to give it a really good pull to get it out.

However, you will destroy the grommet and will need another.

Here are a few pictures to help you and the replacement grommets that you should be able to get from local auto parts store in the fastener section. The hole is a little small so drill it out using 7/32".

Good Luck,

Vin

Rear Panle showing pin.jpg

Moulded in Pin.jpg

Corner grommet.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
thank you

this board is amazing. I did this and it worked! No more floppy door panel.
Now, if I can just get rid of the creak in the dash pod. . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts