Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I cannot for the life of me remove the old injector rubber hoses running from the fuel rail to the injector. The part I cannot remove is attached to the fuel rail. I've cut the fuel hose in multiple places at the fuel rail and it just will not come off. Will that circular bushing which is at the end of the fuel hose slide forward under pressure to push the fuel hose off? If you all have any tricks, please l et me know.

·
Registered
what part?
10,715 Posts
don't cut.. get a hot soldering iron, and melt away

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
yes, best not to cut...one slight nick in the hose nipples and they might well leak under pressure
here they use the odd term 'welder' for a soldering iron.
the soldering iron will make short work of the rubber and you should be able to just pull it off.
FI hose replacement.JPG

that circular 'bushing' is just a hose cap (called a 'ferrule')...the hoses are just a push fit (if you get the correct 7.5mm injector hose, that is), the hose pushes right up to the ferrule, which keeps it from expanding/coming loose

ferrules.jpg

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, very helpful! I’ll use the soldering iron on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,937 Posts
When you go to replace the injector hoses, I would strongly suggest using injector hose clamps rather than the ferrules. As Dom mentioned, with the right hose, the ferrules work fine. But if the injector hose outside diameter is too large (even if the inside diameter is the correct 7.5 mm), the ferrules will not work, and you could be in for a catastrophic event. Below is a link to my cautionary story:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts