Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My car has horizontal trim pieces on the middle of the body from the front wheel well to the rear wheel well. Any tips on removal??

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm guessing they are attached with adhesive? Heat gun (very carefully) and a plastic putty knife? Not sure.

I remember a SF bay area dealer was installing a similar molding on their new GTV's back then. I suppose some buyers liked it while others did not.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I think that trim is put on with rivets. Pull the rubber out of the channel and locate rivets. If you remove the trim the car will have small holes where the rivets were.

·
Administrator
14,469 Posts
My, non-Alfa, experience with those sorts of trim is with Triumphs and just glued on. Very well implemented though on your car and a real period piece!

Pete

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Just remove the door card and inspect the inside of the door skin for pegs and possibly fasteners... however, if the trim is in line with the side door crash protection beam (which can be located by looking at the door jamb for the spot welds), then it maybe be a bit trickier to find out what‘s underneath the trim. My GTV had original, dealer installed trim which was attached by drilling holes in the door skin. That was pretty standard for that period.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts