Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - need some help ... I'm removing my drivers side door, I've loosened all the hex socket head screws that hold the hinges to the car body except for the one behind the door stop. The door stop is in the way :mad: I tried pliers to pull the wrist pin that holds the door stop in place, no go. And I can't punch it from below as the car body is in the way. Would the two nuts on the door side do it? Anyone done this before?

Thanks!

GV

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, figured it out. :) The two bolts just detach the door stop. I got an 8" piece of hardened steel rod that I was able to angle in from below and punched the pin out. Got the door off myself without hosing up the paint but it will take two people when the door needs to go back on.

Here's a picture of the cracks at the base of the window frame, I drilled holes to stop the cracks a few months back ... this is what happens I guess after 198K miles and lots of opening and closing. Probably didn't help that the door gasket is wasted and provided little cushioning over the more recent years. A local shop that does restoration work is going to weld the cracks and then add an additional plate over it all. Then the door hinges need bushing because they are worn. There's also a small amount of rust at the inside bottom of the door that is going to get repaired. This stuff was supposed to have been done when the car was repainted some 7 years back, but due to "life" happening it didn't happen.

GV

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts