Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I own a gorgeous 1986 Spider Series 3, QV. I have had it for many years. Went from the factory in Italy straight to the USA and we brought it to my home country The Netherlands in 1997. Been in my possession ever since! The QV has air conditioning and not too much is to be found in the workshop manuals I have got. This is a problem when it comes to the front right speaker

The right front Speaker on my Spider is broken. I have checked the wiring as best as I could and it looks like I need to get access to the speaker to trace the fault.

At the bottom of that post you will see how the speaker is sort of wedged by the AC condenser and fan. Looks like a big job to get access.
I was just wondering if anybody had ever removed the AC condensor / fan, or better yet, found an easy way to get at the blasted speaker.

Thanks

Jeroen

·
Registered
107 Posts
My car has a speaker there although it was placed there by a previous owner. I was able to remove the shroud around my speaker and only two screws were holding it in place which were fortunately easy to access. Hopefully someone will have some better information.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
You can move the AC blower unit in a Quad a few inches out of the way (without totally disconnecting it or any of the sealed refrigerant system hoses) by simply removing a few of the screws that hold it up in place, but it is a real PITA to get to that point if you have the large, single piece Enbloc knee bolster because you have to remove both the rear and front consoles, shift tunnel side panels and radio just to get the knee bolster out. Once that is done however, there us a single screw under the AC blower, and a couple to the right of the glove box (attached to the wall) that support the AC box. Remove those and you should be able to push/twist the unit out of the way enough to access that speaker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts