Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suspect the answer is no, otherwise people might walk off with them, but is there an easy way to get the front badge off an Alfetta? I am having a beast of a time removing the condenser, and I have three of four 10mm bolts removed but can't get adequate access to the upper right one (facing the car from the front) to get a tool on it. If the badge weren't there I could reach through that opening.

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Front badge on my gtv6 just kinda pops out with some gentle persuasion. There’s a grill mount screw behind it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My GTV has a sort of clip at the bottom and it SEEMS like it may lift out if I remove that clip, but then it also feels like I am straining things. It wiggles around some. Does yours pop out top first, bottom first?

·
Registered
406 Posts
It shouldn't be a clip, it should just be a piece of spring steel riveted to the bottom of the grille. You have to pull the grille out at an angle so you can decompress the spring, then you can lift up on the grille and pull the bottom out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you AT - are you talking about removing the whole grille, or just lifting the grille to get the badge out? My grille feels pretty rigidly in there.

·
Registered
406 Posts
The entire grille, obviously you'll have to take the mounting screw out behind the badge first though, if you haven't already done that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am wondering if there is a way to remove the badge only. My grille is riveted in (per Haynes manual) and I could easily reach that last bolt if I could just get the badge out of the way.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I am realizing now I may have my terms confused. There is the whole grille assembly including the black parts, there is the center triangular Alfa thing in the middle about the size of a small plate (that's what I have been calling the badge), and then there is a little circular Alfa logo in the middle. Re-reading both your postings I am thinking you are saying to remove the little round badge to reveal mounting screws behind it, then I can get triangular thing out, what I've been calling the badge but you are calling the grille. Yes?

·
Registered
406 Posts
What do you mean when you say "grille"? Are you talking about the 2 large plastic ones that also hold the headlights or the small chrome "heart" one?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Ok yes, take the Alfa badge out of the heart and reveal the mounting screw. After you take out that you can take out the heart. After you take out the heart you have access to all the rivets holding in the 2 large plastic grilles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it, thank you! I think once I get the heart out I should be able to reach the last condenser bolt without having to take anything else out. Thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts