Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
It will be interesting to watch this auction for sure, and see what the car brings this time around, and in the middle of winter. One thing I do know, this car is accurately represented and it is in beautiful condition. It's also a Spider, as opposed to a Spider Veloce.

Best regards,

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LGB, note that "your" car is shown in thebackground of a couple of the "new" pictures at the end of the ebay auction.
i didnt realize that. i didnt scroll down to look at every photo.

i like all the colors - but if i had to buy this car out of the showroom new - i would still pick the green. second would be red.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think all the clors are good, but I agree that the green is nice, perhaps even nicer than my black (although I have read that the black ones are faster!?!?). Nice little write-up of your car in the Alfa Owner, BTW.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think all the clors are good, but I agree that the green is nice, perhaps even nicer than my black (although I have read that the black ones are faster!?!?). Nice little write-up of your car in the Alfa Owner, BTW.
thanks.

im also a fan of the yellow spiders. i dont think that i have ever seen one in person.

·
Registered
520 Posts
black spiders are faster. not for any technical reason, but apparently due to the fact that the lord, our God, prefers them that way. wierd.

another big plus to owning a black spider is that the paint attracts the sunlight. (in theory) all your valuable rubber and black-plastics are no longer the darkest thing on your car and therefore last longer due to less sun-exposure.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,580 Posts
It will be interesting to watch this auction for sure, and see what the car brings this time around, and in the middle of winter. One thing I do know, this car is accurately represented and it is in beautiful condition. It's also a Spider, as opposed to a Spider Veloce.

Best regards,
This brings back memories of 1999 when I bought this 1981 pristine Spider with only 19k on odometer. It was absolutely flawless and I had article about it published in the Alfa Owner titled Risoldi's Believe It or Not.

I also sold it to a guy who had a back issue and could not drive it. I almost bought it back but didn't.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
That's a lot of moola but then again, the car looks new. What decent new car ya' gunna buy nowadays for $30 grand that looks like an Alfa?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts