Votes: 46 48.9%
  • I prefer it to "NOT BE ALLOWED"

Votes: 48 51.1%

• Total voters
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
aren't you the one who earlier in this very thread accused someone of "drinking again", and recently inserted out of nowhere a political rant into a thread about proposed rules regarding the 'for sale' section (based on the same fundamental misunderstanding of censorship you display in the quote above)? pot call the kettle black much? :rolleyes:
Don't quite get your point, if there is one here. I guess the answers would be sort of, somewhat, no and not sure. :p

As I said in the suggestions/selling rules post that you mention, some things may have gone over your head, or I might understand better with capitalization. You've underscored my point perfectly with your interjection of "accused", "rant", "out of nowhere" and "fundamental misunderstanding" into what would otherwise be a rational discussion. Thanks for the examples of attempted censorship by attack.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
..one's faith should stay one's, for whenever one states his/hers faith/ someone else might /will have a diifernt view of . one's faith.. each one of can read the same book, and still read it differntly..people will contort a faith into what they see as right, and every one else is wrong..even in the same religion, there are variations of a faith, and this can breed comtempt of others thoughts, ways.. when ever you divide a people , you invite confict, we all all the same people, ....human... we all are born, live..and die.., no one is better than another.. we are no more/ no less then the person standing next to you..we can strive to better ourselfs.., but this should not be on the backs of someone else...even in my faith, there are differences.. and confict, so when someone ask my sect.. i do not tell them, just smile, and say' we are all one people'.... and allways remember the steps that you take today, are like footprints in the sand..allways there, for someone to see.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
No wonder Europe is going broke.
A disappointingly short discussion, but what the heck. Let's just hope you aren't on the "wrong" broadband connection if alfabb.com in the future is sponsored by the "wrong" company. There's probably a guy in a suit somewhere already thinking of our strange little subculture as "content".

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
since we're talking about it, it's no secret that 2% of the people control 50% (not sure of the exact number but you get my dirft" of the wealth in this country. It hasn't been that way since 1928. A country must have a healthy middle class to be successfull. Not everyone can be a billionaire, does a billionare cut your hair or fix your furnace, or sell you a pack of gum? We need those people and over the last decade their wealth has been squeezed from them to the top. Show me a middle class person who has had a raise that was above the rate of inflation over the last 15 years. Their, my, standard of living has decreased while the upper income has standard of living has increased. Those people don't take that extra 100,000 and spend it to sitmulate the economy, they put it in the bank or invest in deriviatives that are acutally betting against the success of the country. People have been screamming about a redistribution of wealth to the lower classes when all the while the wealth has been redistributed, right under their noses, to the wealthist people in the country. I see that as pretty darn ironic. Those people are being played like a cheap violin and someday they will wake up and the pitchforks will come out. That's all I have to say about that.

btw, I'm retired now but a couple of years ago I told my co-worker that the "CountryWide" guy looked like a snakeoil salesman to me and that all those people who were taking out those loans were not using the money to pay off credit cards and the like, they were using the money to make up for what they were loosing by their wealth being redidributed to the top. In other words they were trying to maintain an illusiion. Housing values were insane and I told him when the bubble burst there would be 200 people left for 2 chairs. So not only is wall street to blame but also those people who instead of realizing they were becoming poorer and trying to make up for it by borrowing against a house that was really only worth half what they thought it was they should have bitten the bullet and lived within their lowered standard of living.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
A disappointingly short discussion, but what the heck. Let's just hope you aren't on the "wrong" broadband connection if alfabb.com in the future is sponsored by the "wrong" company. There's probably a guy in a suit somewhere already thinking of our strange little subculture as "content".
Merry Christmas Tor! You'll not drag me into a peeing contest here. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday. The only thing that will lay me out over the next several days is too many Gin & Tonics!! Cheers to all the rabble here! :) Bruce (typing this with my "creaky old arthritic fingers" :;))

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Ha ha! Right back at you Bruce. Tomorrow it's time for some good old Jòlablot again. The Pinnekjøtt is in the water, the akvavit is in the cooler, the beer is getting there and the pork ribs are peppered and ready.

All the best!

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
See, we can disagree politically but still eat and drink well together!!

Having some technical discussion with a countryman of yours. LINK.

·
Premium Member
6,340 Posts
I'll drink to that!

101 - 109 of 109 Posts