Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am desperately searching for a relay replacement(Sipea 12V 0450)
5 pin/blade type- 2 horizontal & 3 vertical pin/blade...for a 1980 Spider Veloce.
Due to my 2 left thumbs, I've managed to short & fry this relay!
Relay situated & secured on left front fender just forward of a hydraulic fluid cylinder.(middle of 3 similar looking relays with tie-wrap) Attached photos.
Received a Bosch replacement to no avail. Once installed, reconnected, power restored (connecting the battery terminals) the horn sounds continuously!

Can anyone please help me by pointing me in the right direction? Any references, manuals, wiring diagrams of sort will be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,

John

Attachments

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Am desperately searching for a relay replacement(Sipea 12V 0450)
5 pin/blade type- 2 horizontal & 3 vertical pin/blade...for a 1980 Spider Veloce.
Due to my 2 left thumbs, I've managed to short & fry this relay!
Relay situated & secured on left front fender just forward of a hydraulic fluid cylinder.(middle of 3 similar looking relays with tie-wrap) Attached photos.
Received a Bosch replacement to no avail. Once installed, reconnected, power restored (connecting the battery terminals) the horn sounds continuously!

Can anyone please help me by pointing me in the right direction? Any references, manuals, wiring diagrams of sort will be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,

John
Try "Alfa Parts Exchange" (209) 833-8330. They sell used parts and usually have the parts that are no longer available. Their located in Colorado.

·
Registered
400 Posts
...or tell us what numbers are on the base, as in; 35, 87, 87a, 87b etc. These should tell us what sort of relay you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts