Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm trying to reinstall the original Clarion Radio in my 1986 Alfa Spider and it is confusing.

I removed a much newer radio that a store installed. The Workshop Manual Wiring Diagram doesn't go in enough detail (doesn't indicate all the wires) and some of the connectors don't match up so I have questions.

Please see attached photo for reference to questions.

Any Help is much appreciated!
Thanks!
Jay

1.This Blue wire is factory-labeled Green. Did I hook it up correctly? If not where does it connect?

2.Where does this Green wire connect?

3.Where does this Gray wire connect? (end is pointed to the right in photo)

4.Where does this black ground wire connect?

5.Where this black box attach inside dash?

6.Where does this Gray wire connect?

7.Where does this Blue wire connect?

Do you see anything else that needs to be corrected?

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Jay,

I actually sold car audio equipment back in those days.

Wiring was very often unique to the mfg, sometimes even the model.

If you still have the manual, a proper wiring diagram should be contained within.

If not, google the model #and see if there is a manual available for download. Once you know what wire is what on the head unit, the battle is more than half over.

Hope this helps-M5

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
The Clarion 6350 user manual has a wiring diagram in it. If you'd like a copy, please PM me your email address.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay,

I actually sold car audio equipment back in those days.

Wiring was very often unique to the mfg, sometimes even the model.

If you still have the manual, a proper wiring diagram should be contained within.

If not, google the model #and see if there is a manual available for download. Once you know what wire is what on the head unit, the battle is more than half over.

Hope this helps-M5
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone have a PDF of the Clarion Radio Model 6349 User Manual you could send me? I need the wiring page in the back.
Thanks,
Jay

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why not post it here? Maybe later someone else will also benefit from from your knowledge.
That's a good idea, if and when I locate a Model 6349 manual. I keep hoping one of the member will notify me they have one. The wiring is different than the Model 6350... more wires that don't connect via the wiring harness.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update:

I figured out the wiring through trial and error. The Clarion sounds great with the new speakers!

I also installed Bluetooth capability so I can make hands-free calling and also control the radio with voice commands that's paired with my iPhone. Now my radio looks totally correct for my 1986 Spider but brought into the 21st century with hidden 2015 technology!

Now I can listen to songs from my iTunes music app, play Pandora, play iHeart Radio or any other sound accessible through a smart phone. Plus I can switch back to traditional FM with a touch of a button.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the clarion 6390 in my 89 Veloce. Can anyone tell me what the SAM and PS buttons are for? I still don't know how to save a radio station.
Thanks for any insight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts